It’s that time of year, the season of giving. It’s magical and wonderful – and oh, don’t forget the mailman!
When the Holiday season begins, it can be easy to forget about all the people you want to recognize and thank. From mailmen to teachers, garbage collectors, and the paper boy – a small token of thanks can go a long way to show love and appreciation for all they do for you.
When you start to count all those people in your world, it can add up – and fast! So we wanted to make a heartfelt gift option, that’s beautifully homemade, and perfect for the chilly winter months.
Who doesn’t love a warm mug of hot chocolate? Giving it in ornament form is just a great way to easily put a smile on someone’s face.
Not only are they delicious, but they serve as a beautiful Christmas tree ornament until ready to be enjoyed as a warm beverage.
This is truly the perfect little gift for so many on your gift list this year. Throw on some Christmas music, and get making a whole batch of these. They’re a ton of fun to create!
- 6 cups hot chocolate mixes (we used white chocolate, peppermint & original)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice
- Assorted Holiday sprinkles
- 6 clear ornament balls (we used plastic ones, found at the dollar store).
- Remove the metal hanger top from the clear ornaments.
- Using a funnel, fill 2/3 of the way with hot chocolate mix.
- Next, add in chocolate chips, crushed candy canes, sprinkles, marshmallows and anything else you want! Make sure it's filled to the top so that it doesn't shake up the layers when moved.
- Cap the ornaments again, and tie a ribbon on the tops of each.
- When ready to enjoy, simply shake out the ornament into a mug, mix with milk or water and microwave to warm up. Enjoy!
Christmas breakfast and brunch are a great family tradition. Christmas morning is chaotic, with children waking up early to see...
Looking for a warm breakfast that fills the house with the aroma, waking everyone with an appetite for a delicious homemade...
Potlucks are a year-round thing. Family gatherings, office luncheons, community events and of course - the holiday season.
Christmas pies are a delicious addition to the holiday season. While we love the classic pumpkin pie, there are a ton of other...
A Christmas cake is the centerpiece of your holiday meal. After you're stuffed with turkey and all the fixings, the only thing...
I have to say, the holidays are my favorite time of year. There's something so exciting about all the twinkle lights, decorations...
Christmas has this tendency to sneak up on us each year. It approaches at a fast rate and before we know it the big day has...
Decorating the tree always gets me into the mood for the holidays. As soon as the tree is up I'm in full force Christmas mode.
The holidays are my favorite time of year. Mostly because of the twinkly lights, the sparkly ornaments on a dazzling tree and of...
Call me eager but as soon as Halloween is over I'm ready for Christmas!
For those who follow a vegan diet understand the struggle of attending a holiday dinner with non-vegans.
When the holidays roll around the first order of business is setting up the Christmas tree and decorations.