Last year, we created these adorable festive Christmas Tree Brownies, and well…the video recipe for them went viral overnight! By using simple ingredients like chocolate, sprinkles, pretzels and some store-bought brownies, we created a treat that was simple, easy and done in under 15 minutes. No wonder it was so popular.
So how do you top that? Well, we’re not going to. In fact, we’re just going to bring you another, perhaps classier, version of it!
Ditching the green for white and the rainbow for gold, we created them this time in a more elegant fashion, with a recipe that screams “White Christmas” and a winter wonderland, all in one. We served them up on a simple cake and garnished with rosemary and crushed pecans. The outcome was stunning. So stunning in fact, we had to convince people that it was ok to cut into and enjoy!
Whether you’re topping a cake, cupcakes, or brownies, these little chocolate trees are the impressive treat you can make in minutes, without any real baking skill required, in fact…you don’t have to bake at all. These are an easy “cheat” to making a store bought dessert very impressive.
For this recipe, we aren’t including the cake itself, because the recipe is simply only for the toppers. Like mentioned, you can put them on anything you choose. If you’re looking to simulate this cake, bake 3 layers of basic vanilla cake, and frost “naked” style (showing the cake through on the sides a bit) with a basic vanilla buttercream frosting. Or, you can be like us, and pick one up from your favorite bakery.
- 2 cups white chocolate wafers
- 24 mini pretzel sticks
- 1 tbsp mini white round sprinkles
- 24 gold or silver balls (dragees)
- 2x parchment lined baking sheets
- Piping bag
- Microwave safe mixing bowl
- Melt your white chocolate in a microwave safe dish, in 30 second intervals until it's nearly completely melted. Don't overcook them, once they are are mostly melted, continue stirring and they will melt off the heat in the bowl.
- Scoop the melted chocolate into a piping bag, and snip the tip small. Test to see if the piping size is appropriate for this project, and if not, snip a little more. Best to start small, then cut a hole too big!
- Place down your pretzel sticks onto the parchment lined baking sheets and begin piping a tree shape with the drizzling of white chocolate.
- Once you've finished your trees, sprinkle them immediately, topping each "tree" with a gold or silver dragees.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes or until they lift easily off the parchment.
- Go ahead and top your cake, cupcakes, brownies, cookies or enjoy as-is!! There's no wrong way to do it!
We've all been there. You need to bring a dessert to a Holiday function and you're lacking time, or general baking skills.
Looking for a fun and festive cocktail to serve your guests this holiday season?
The holidays are my favorite time of year. Mostly because of the twinkly lights, the sparkly ornaments on a dazzling tree and of...
So you've volunteered to host Christmas dinner this year. The initial voluntary statement may have sounded exciting but if you...
For those who follow a vegan diet understand the struggle of attending a holiday dinner with non-vegans.
When the holidays roll around the first order of business is setting up the Christmas tree and decorations.
Cupcakes are relished all year round. You can enjoy them for birthdays, holidays, any celebration really, or to treat yourself!
Snacks are crucial for everyone. They keep us full in between meals and quench our cravings.
My favorite thing about the holidays is time spent with family, however, my second favorite thing has to be the delicious food!
Decorating the tree always gets me into the mood for the holidays. As soon as the tree is up I'm in full force Christmas mode.
The holiday season seems to creep up on us each year. After all, we're busy gift shopping, grocery shopping and preparing menus...
Dessert is and has always been the highlight of any holiday dinner, and this year is no exception.