Last year, we created these adorable festive Christmas Tree Brownies, and well…the video recipe for them went viral overnight! By using simple ingredients like chocolate, sprinkles, pretzels and some store-bought brownies, we created a treat that was simple, easy and done in under 15 minutes. No wonder it was so popular.
So how do you top that? Well, we’re not going to. In fact, we’re just going to bring you another, perhaps classier, version of it!
Ditching the green for white and the rainbow for gold, we created them this time in a more elegant fashion, with a recipe that screams “White Christmas” and a winter wonderland, all in one. We served them up on a simple cake and garnished with rosemary and crushed pecans. The outcome was stunning. So stunning in fact, we had to convince people that it was ok to cut into and enjoy!
Whether you’re topping a cake, cupcakes, or brownies, these little chocolate trees are the impressive treat you can make in minutes, without any real baking skill required, in fact…you don’t have to bake at all. These are an easy “cheat” to making a store bought dessert very impressive.
For this recipe, we aren’t including the cake itself, because the recipe is simply only for the toppers. Like mentioned, you can put them on anything you choose. If you’re looking to simulate this cake, bake 3 layers of basic vanilla cake, and frost “naked” style (showing the cake through on the sides a bit) with a basic vanilla buttercream frosting. Or, you can be like us, and pick one up from your favorite bakery.
- 2 cups white chocolate wafers
- 24 mini pretzel sticks
- 1 tbsp mini white round sprinkles
- 24 gold or silver balls (dragees)
- 2x parchment lined baking sheets
- Piping bag
- Microwave safe mixing bowl
- Melt your white chocolate in a microwave safe dish, in 30 second intervals until it's nearly completely melted. Don't overcook them, once they are are mostly melted, continue stirring and they will melt off the heat in the bowl.
- Scoop the melted chocolate into a piping bag, and snip the tip small. Test to see if the piping size is appropriate for this project, and if not, snip a little more. Best to start small, then cut a hole too big!
- Place down your pretzel sticks onto the parchment lined baking sheets and begin piping a tree shape with the drizzling of white chocolate.
- Once you've finished your trees, sprinkle them immediately, topping each "tree" with a gold or silver dragees.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes or until they lift easily off the parchment.
- Go ahead and top your cake, cupcakes, brownies, cookies or enjoy as-is!! There's no wrong way to do it!
We've all been there. You need to bring a dessert to a Holiday function and you're lacking time, or general baking skills.
Christmas breakfast and brunch are a great family tradition. Christmas morning is chaotic, with children waking up early to see...
Looking for a warm breakfast that fills the house with the aroma, waking everyone with an appetite for a delicious homemade...
The centerpiece for your Christmas dinner is a great turkey or ham, but the side dishes are just as important.
Christmas pies are a delicious addition to the holiday season. While we love the classic pumpkin pie, there are a ton of other...
A Christmas cake is the centerpiece of your holiday meal. After you're stuffed with turkey and all the fixings, the only thing...
Christmas is coming and with it comes family get-togethers and parties.
Christmas has this tendency to sneak up on us each year. It approaches at a fast rate and before we know it the big day has...
Decorating the tree always gets me into the mood for the holidays. As soon as the tree is up I'm in full force Christmas mode.
The best part about Christmas for any kid (or adult for that matter) is the delicious treats that pop up everywhere.
Call me eager but as soon as Halloween is over I'm ready for Christmas!
For those who follow a vegan diet understand the struggle of attending a holiday dinner with non-vegans.