A healthy Cajun, dump-in-the-slow-cooker dinner is the exactly what you need to fit a whole hearty dinner into your already pretty crazy schedule. With no pre-cooking required (seriously, just toss that chicken right in) the whole dish will come together with minimal effort on your part, but with all the incredibly tasty results! This recipe is also completely gluten-free, and dairy free. Substitute (or remove) the chicken for some beans, chickpeas or tofu, and you’ve got yourself a vegan alternative as well. This is a one-pot dinner you’ll keep in your recipe repertoire for years to come.
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1- 19oz can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow/orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup snap peas, halved
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed (substitute with tofu, beans or chickpeas for a vegan option)
- 3 tbsp Cajun spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: Garnish with Parmesan cheese
- Crock Pot
- Measuring Cups
- Combine all of the ingredients (raw) into your crock pot, except the quinoa.
- Set your crockpot on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4.
- Add the quinoa, and continue to cook for an additional hour.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked, along with everything else, turn off the heat and serve! Optionally, you can add Parmesan cheese as a garnish!
Potlucks are a year-round thing. Family gatherings, office luncheons, community events and of course - the holiday season.
Slow cookers, or crockpots, are a great time saving appliance. They work though electrical heating and cook over a number of...
It's that time of year...the leaves are (almost) gone, the air is crisp and I'm finding myself craving all things warm and...
Adopting a plant based lifestyle does not mean you sacrifice on flavor and big hearty meals.
When it comes to an easy dinner, two words come to mind - CROCKPOT and LEFTOVERS (shame on you if you thought I was going to say...
Like the newly popular kitchen gadget, the Instant Pot, the slow cooker still makes the top favorite kitchen gadgets to have.
Looking for a warm breakfast that fills the house with the aroma, waking everyone with an appetite for a delicious homemade...
When it comes to slow cookers, we tend to have a few fall back recipes that we use over and over, and it takes a powerful new...
Easter often calls a common centerpiece at your family dinner, and that's ham. So, pressure's on!
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...