Cauliflower “rice” is one of the best things that’s ever happened in my diet. Any excuse to eat more delicious foods, with less calories and less carbs – is something to celebrate, and eat, again and again (so, make lots because you’re going to want the leftovers!). Cauliflower is so mild in taste that it’s easily manipulated to simulate rice when it’s grated and cooked up in the place of rice in dishes such as this one. Cook it up in a classic “fried rice” style, and you can eat a heaping serving of this delicious healthy fry, without the guilt. Pair it with chicken or shrimp, or simply enjoy all on it’s own – it’s a diet compromise that won’t feel like you’re sacrificing a thing for.
- 1 head of cauliflower, grated
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 large carrot, chopped into small cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup green onions, garnished on top.
- 1 non stick frying pan or wok
- Grater / food processor
- Grate your cauliflower in to "rice" using a food processor or a standard grater (note that some stores carry it pre-made now, and you can use that as well!). Set aside.
- Heat your frying pan to a medium heat and add in your sesame oil. Add onion, peas, and carrots and saute until tender. This takes only a couple minutes.
- While that cooks, take a small ramekin, and mix together your soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger and red pepper flakes, mix and set aside.
- Scrape the veggies in your pan to one side, and crack 2 eggs into the other to cook and scramble. Once cooked, incorporate the eggs into the veggies.
- Add your cauliflower "rice" and the pre-made soy mixture into the pan, mix and continue tooking for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Top with green onions, and serve!
It's officially summer and that means it's grilling season! Unfortunately, not everybody has a barbeque.
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Corn on the Cob is almost in season in our area, but it's already available in grocery stores and is the perfect summer side dish!