Looking for a meat-free alternative to a classic chicken salad sandwich? We’ve got it for you. The chunky, flavorful, protein-rich power of chickpeas makes this a tangy salad that will satisfy you much beyond lunch.
When we made this recipe, it was clear it was going to be good…because I couldn’t keep my tasting spoon out of the bowl! I loved the kicks of mustard, and the sweetness of apple, it’s ridiculously satisfying.
What else I love? It doesn’t need refrigeration! Since there’s no dairy or meat products in the sandwich…it can safely be packed up at room temperature without risk.
Also, just a little side note – but if you’d like a little extra kick, a shot of Sriracha won’t hurt 😉
- 1 Medium Carrot, peeled & shredded
- 1 (15oz) can of Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Apple, diced small
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup Kale pieces
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard (we used grainy)
- 2 tsbp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds (shells removed)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional** Sriracha, for spice!
- Bread for serving (we used a Gluten Free variety!)
- Food Processor (can use a shredder and potato masher in substitute)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Start by shredding your carrot in your food processor, setting aside. Next, add your chickpeas into the food processor and pulse just until it's chunky, but not completely blended (only pulse a few times for this!). If you don't have a food processor, you can hand shred the carrots, and mash the chickpeas with a potato masher easily!
- In a large mixing bowl, begin mixing your chickpeas with the shredded carrots, and the rest of the ingredients until well blended.
- Season and spice to taste, then spoon onto sandwich bread, spread, slice and enjoy!
Every new year comes new diet trends and we're on a mission to discover what they are and help you understand why they're...
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...
Beyond Meat is spreading like wildfire. More and more fast-food chains are hopping on the plant-based bandwagon.
The news everyone has been waiting for is finally here. On September 26, 2019, McDonald's announced they have begun a partnership...
Surely you've heard the word antioxidant thrown around time and time again.
The paleolithic diet, also known as the paleo diet, the caveman diet, or the stone-age diet is a meal plan that predominately...
There's no better way to wind down from a busy day than to catch up on your favorite shows with snacks in hand, amirite?
The 77th annual Golden Globes took place last night, Sunday, January 5th, 2020 and while many had their eyes fixed on the...
The vegan diet continues to gain popularity and not to mention lactose allergies are on the rise too.
Earlier this week Starbucks announced that they're officially offering 2 new non-dairy beverages nationwide.
Silk, America's number 1 plant-based beverage brand has added a brand new product to its dairy-free lineup and you seriously need...
Blue Diamond Growers is entering 2020 with a brand new product, Blue Diamond Almond Protein Powder made from 100% pure almond...