A tasty pasta salad made with a gluten-free corn based spaghetti made with fresh summer veggies such as cherry tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers, onions and canned olives. It’s coated in an Italian salad dressing, spices and parmesan cheese. Need to make this ahead of time? No prob! Overnight, this will just make this salad more flavorful. This salad would be the perfect BBQ backyard party side, or a summer picnic take a long. It’s refreshing, filling, and just screams summer!
- 2 x 340g box of gluten-free spaghetti
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing (gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Cook all your gluten-free pasta until fully cooked through, but slightly al-dente. Drain, and let sit in cold water (this will stop it from cooking further). Once cooled, drain again and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in all your chopped veggies, and olives. Top with Italian salad dressing, Parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, paprika, celery seed and garlic powder. Toss well until completely coated.
- Cover and store in the fridge (overnight if needed).
- Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese, and serve!
Vegetarian dishes can be boring. It seems that all recipes are made for meat eaters.
Eating raw can be a diet that can leave you feeling a little uninspired.
Autumn! We all crave summer in the winter, but in the summer, we crave autumn. Why? Well, where do I start?
Meatless Mondays are not only a new trending idea on social media, but a healthy way to approach finding a balance between meat...
Finding the right protein bar that isn't packed with sugar and additives can be a difficult task.
Lentils are an amazing way to get protein without having to cook up meat for your meal.
You definitely don't have to be Italian to enjoy gnocchi. Those pillowy dough-balls melt in your mouth and are delicious no matter...
While I love root veggies, they can take a long time to cook. Plus, my oven lets off a lot of heat, making me hesitant to use it...
Corn on the Cob is almost in season in our area, but it's already available in grocery stores and is the perfect summer side dish!
Beyond Meat is spreading like wildfire. More and more fast-food chains are hopping on the plant-based bandwagon.
Blue Diamond Growers is entering 2020 with a brand new product, Blue Diamond Almond Protein Powder made from 100% pure almond...
The plant-based diet trend is growing and it shows no signs of stopping!