It’s pumpkin season!! Are you using the delicious decorative ingredient as much as we are?
This recipe is for one of the creamiest, most flavorful and amazing alfredo sauces you will ever try…and it’s completely without any cream or dairy whatsoever.
I cannot express enough how insanely delicious this pasta dish is, so I’m simply going to post the recipe with the hopes that you all try it.
We made ours with a brown rice fettuccini making this not only a vegan recipe, but a gluten-free one as well.
When it comes to fall suppers that you’ll be counting down the hours to get home to enjoying – this one tops the list for me this year. I had to force myself to allow there to be leftovers, simply because I wanted the promise of MORE of it to eat the next day. I’m not joking around here, it’s that dreamy.
- 250g Pasta (we used GF brown rice fettuccini)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1.5 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk, divided
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- Fresh Oregano or Basil for garnish *optional*
- Stove top frying pan
- Large Pot
- Cook your pasta accordingly.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat your olive oil in a frying pan to a medium-high heat. Add in garlic and cook until it begins to brown. Add in 1 cup of almond milk (reserve the other 1/2 cup), pumpkin puree, salt & pepper and cook for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the tablespoon of cornstarch with the other half cup of almond milk until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the mixture to the pan, as well as the lemon juice & nutritional yeast.
- Continue to cook until the sauce thickens, then add it to your cooked & strained pasta and toss to coat.
- Garnish with additional salt and pepper, along with some fresh herbs such as oregano or basil, if you wish!
There are copious amounts of recipes for the Instant Pot that are swimming around the internet these days.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.
While I love root veggies, they can take a long time to cook. Plus, my oven lets off a lot of heat, making me hesitant to use it...
Corn on the Cob is almost in season in our area, but it's already available in grocery stores and is the perfect summer side dish!
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!