It’s pumpkin season!! Are you using the delicious decorative ingredient as much as we are?
This recipe is for one of the creamiest, most flavorful and amazing alfredo sauces you will ever try…and it’s completely without any cream or dairy whatsoever.
I cannot express enough how insanely delicious this pasta dish is, so I’m simply going to post the recipe with the hopes that you all try it.
We made ours with a brown rice fettuccini making this not only a vegan recipe, but a gluten-free one as well.
When it comes to fall suppers that you’ll be counting down the hours to get home to enjoying – this one tops the list for me this year. I had to force myself to allow there to be leftovers, simply because I wanted the promise of MORE of it to eat the next day. I’m not joking around here, it’s that dreamy.
- 250g Pasta (we used GF brown rice fettuccini)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1.5 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk, divided
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- Fresh Oregano or Basil for garnish *optional*
- Stove top frying pan
- Large Pot
- Cook your pasta accordingly.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat your olive oil in a frying pan to a medium-high heat. Add in garlic and cook until it begins to brown. Add in 1 cup of almond milk (reserve the other 1/2 cup), pumpkin puree, salt & pepper and cook for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the tablespoon of cornstarch with the other half cup of almond milk until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the mixture to the pan, as well as the lemon juice & nutritional yeast.
- Continue to cook until the sauce thickens, then add it to your cooked & strained pasta and toss to coat.
- Garnish with additional salt and pepper, along with some fresh herbs such as oregano or basil, if you wish!
A couple months ago many Vegan Americans sat in envy while Canadians had the release of the Beyond Meat burger at the fast food...
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.
While I love root veggies, they can take a long time to cook. Plus, my oven lets off a lot of heat, making me hesitant to use it...