This is a crisp and crunchy slaw that is infused with Asian flavors, and a little kick of spice from that oh-so-incredible sriracha sauce. We based this recipe with sliced Brussels sprouts, shredded rainbow carrots, and green onions. Then tossed in a maple-soy and sriracha dressing, mixed with slivered almonds and sesame seeds, it’s then topped with crushed ramen noodles (you know the kind you survived your early adulthood days on? yeah, that kind!) giving extra crunch in each bite. You’ll find this recipe will be a go-to for picnics and patio parties as it’s easy to create and enjoy day after day sided by some delicious barbecue foods. Keep this recipe handy when you bring it to parties, because you’re going to be dishing out the deets to everyone who tastes it.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced/shaved
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions (plus extra for garnish)
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (plus extra for garnish)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce (or more if you prefer spicier!)
- 1 pkg single serving ramen noodles, crushed (about one cup)
- Once all your sprouts, carrots and onions are sliced, shredded and chopped, add them all into a large mixing bowl, and mix together.
- Add in slivered almonds and sesame seeds, mix again.
- Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, tamari soy sauce, sriracha and toss until evenly coated.
- Add crushed ramen noodles, uncooked and crunchy (but if you've bought a ramen soup mix, just add the noodles, not the packs of flavoring they come with!). Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Serve, topped with additional green onions and sesame seeds.
When it comes to the natural health community, apple cider is most likely the most popular type of vinegar and for good reason!
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.
While I love root veggies, they can take a long time to cook. Plus, my oven lets off a lot of heat, making me hesitant to use it...