It’s no surprise that chicken breast is such a popular dinner choice for so many families. It’s mild taste & texture, lean and packed with protein. It’s also well loved by children as well as adults, making it a great week-night dinner menu option.
But…we get bored. Of course we do! You get stuck in a rut of cooking chicken the same ol’ way you always have, and it’s time to get reinvigorated with a recipe that’s gonna kick your chicken breasts up a notch.
Originally this was conceived by trying to find a low-carb option for enjoying fajitas. Since fajitas get almost all their carbs from their tortilla wrappings, it made the most sense to eliminate them completely. So, with all the vegetables of a fajita, plus cheese, packed right into the chicken breast centre and cooked together, a new form of fajita was born.
Stuffed chicken is always an impressive meal to serve, and this one you can side however you please. Going low-carb? try it paired with our Mexican Cauliflower Rice recipe!
However you decide to enjoy it, this is an easy yet impressive weeknight meal option that everyone will love!
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 4 Slices of Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Parchment/Foil Lined Baking Sheet
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, slice all your vegetables and set aside.
- Butterfly your chicken breasts (slicing the centre open, still leaving one side in tact), and begin to fill with the peppers, onions and cheese, and close. Repeat for each and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Brush each with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt & pepper and cajun seasoning.
- Bake for 45 mins or until cooked through.
Sheet pan dinners are the answer to all your weekday dinner problems.
So you're on a low-carb diet, and the first thing you're struggling with is breakfast.
If there's one clear message about the Ketogenic diet, it's that you need to avoid carbs...big time.
Loving your life on the Keto diet, but desperately missing the sweet life?
Vegan baking sounds tricky - how do you make things delicious, bind well, and come out not being noticeably different?
Who can resist a warm, rich, chocolatey brownie? Not me! But if you're committed to the Ketogenic diet then you likely have to...
When on a Ketogenic diet (aka: Keto) you will learn real fast, that eggs are your new best friend.
With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of...
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
There's no denying that jalapeño poppers are a fan-favorite appetizer!
Whether you're a seasoned Keto dieter or completely new to the whole diet regime you know sticking to a diet can be difficult...
Recently I tried the Keto diet for myself (not sure what this is? read more about it HERE).