When you’re starting or living on a low-carb diet, snacks and appetizers is often the biggest hurdle to overcome. Almost everything is laden with sugars and carbs, limiting your options when you’re ready for some appetite-satisfying bites. That’s why we started working on more recipes to solve that. After the success of the surprising combination of pickles & tuna in this recipe, we decided we wanted to explore more ways of serving up low-carb snacks. With the rising growth of individuals trying out that Ketogenic diet, it’s awesome when you find just another amazing snack option to get you through. Thought you were going to miss carbs? Think again. These buffalo chicken bites will have you craving nothing more, than just more of these bites!
- 1 bag mini sweet peppers, seeded & halved
- 2 cans shredded chicken (leftover rotisserie chicken can also be used)
- 1/4 cup mayo (we used a sugar free variety)
- 3 tbsp buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup Green onions, diced
- Once you have all your mini sweet peppers cut in half, and seeded, line them up on a plate, ready for loading up!
- Mix your chicken, mayo & buffalo wing sauce together. Spoon into the pepper boats!
- Enjoy as is - or level up! Place all the buffalo chicken peppers onto a baking sheet, and top with shredded cheese and green onions. Broil for 3-5 minutes on HIGH until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Drizzle with additional buffalo sauce. Serve up, and store extras in the fridge!
The keto lifestyle can be a crazy one to wrap your head around - where fat is good, and carbs are bad. Wait, fat is good?
A delicious combination of tacos and enchiladas, for the most simplified of Mexican dinners without all the fuss.
If you love salsa, this recipe is for you.
If you love bean salads, this recipe is for you.
If you love guacamole...
Game changer recipes are my absolute favorite. One simple concept, that absolutely changes the way you cook forevermore.
We get it, carbs are the "bad guys". Giving them up is HARD. Especially when you sacrifice your favorite foods, like sushi!
One-pan dinners are the weeknight's bread and butter of success. They are easy, time saving, dish saving, sanity saving.
It's no surprise that chicken breast is such a popular dinner choice for so many families.
So you're on a low-carb diet, and the first thing you're struggling with is breakfast.
If there's one clear message about the Ketogenic diet, it's that you need to avoid carbs...big time.
Recently I tried the Keto diet for myself (not sure what this is? read more about it HERE).
Years back my Mom taught me the life hack of using store bought pre-made pizza dough for cinnamon rolls.
When a sports game is on, when friends are over, or when you want a cheat day, what food always comes to mind? Chicken wings!