It’s apple picking season, which means many of us are scrambling to use up all those apples that we may have over-bought while in the spirit of Autumn and fall fruits. That’s okay, because it’s also holiday baking season…and apples are a great addition to the dessert table. This recipe takes your love of apple pie, and not only simplifies it, but makes it easier to cut and serve! It’s also thinner, making it an ideal candidate for a big slice of pie, without all the added calories.
We love sheet pan dinners, so it made sense that we would go ahead at try some sheet pan desserts – and this one, was certainly a hit!
Serve it up as is, or with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream for the perfect dessert. Or breakfast…we don’t judge (seriously, pie and coffee sounds heavenly).
- 2 pre-made pie crust rolls, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 9-12 medium sized apples, peeled & sliced
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flour your surface, then roll out two pre-made pie crusts, stacking one on top of the other. Begin rolling until you make a rectangular shape wide enough for your sheet pan, with excess for crust.
- Place into your sheet pan, pressing it down into shape, and trimming off any excess from the edges. Pinch the pie crust edges together between your fingers to form an appealing crust edge. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your peeled & sliced apples with 1/2 cup of sugar, 3 tbsps of flour and 2 tsp cinnamon. Toss until completely coated.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie crusted sheet pan, and spread out evenly. The apples should make a single layer.
- Next, mix your streusel topping by combining the flour, sugar and oats together, then adding in the cold butter and cutting the butter into the pastry mixture with a pastry blender, or a fork (like we used). The mixture will form a crumble.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the apples.
- Bake in the oven for 33-38 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for up to an hour before serving.