Pancake breakfasts are a weekly event in my house. It’s the perfect way to bring us all together on a Sunday morning, while I flip flapjacks and sip on coffee as we slowly begin our day.
It’s apple picking season now, and while I’ve yet to head to an orchard myself, I’m still buying massive bags of them at the grocery and implementing apples into my daily diet. An apple a day, they say!
In an effort to implement more fruit in a tasty way with pancake breakfast, I figured maybe just slicing up a cored apple and dipping it in batter before pan-frying might just work.
Turns out, it did. Not only did it work, but they were delicious. Almost (almost) like an apple fritter…oh, heavens (insert heart-eye emoji here)! Since apples and cinnamon go together like peanut butter and jelly, there was no hesitation on adding it into the pancake batter.
It’s truly that simple, that delicious, and seasonally appropriate. Will you be trying these this Sunday morning along with us?
- 4 cups of Prepared Pancake Batter of your choice
- 4 Apples, cored and sliced into 1/4 inch thick rings
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Syrup, Butter, Icing Sugar, Additional Cinnamon *for serving*
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray or Butter (for frying)
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- First, prepare your pancake batter accordingly. You can make homemade, or from a mix (we used a mix!).
- Add in your cinnamon, and mix until blended.
- Begin heating your non-stick skillet to a medium heat, using additional non-stick cooking spray or butter for frying.
- After your apples are cored, and sliced into a quarter-inch thickness, using your fingers or tongs, dip into the pancake batter then gently shake off the excess batter before placing it directly onto your non-stick skillet, cooking at a medium heat.
- Cook as you would a normal pancake, flipping half way through, then transferring to a serving plate.
- Stack 'em up, top with butter, syrup and additional cinnamon or icing sugar before serving. Enjoy!
Lentils are an amazing way to get protein without having to cook up meat for your meal.
There's nothing quite like a bowl of chili on a cold, dreary day. It warms you up from the inside out and you can batch cook it,...
When it comes to sticking to your diet, your macros or your calorie intake goals, there's one common thing that many people...
Have you heard of the latest diet craze, the intermittent fasting diet?
Eating food is how we fuel our bodies with enough energy to get through our everyday tasks.
Grocery shopping can either be a task you want to avoid or peace and quiet "me" time you look forward to.
A while back we dove into the world of dessert hummus with a chocolate version that reminded us of brownie batter.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is vital to help you lose or maintain weight as well as a very important part in maintaining...
Avocados are considered a nutrient dense fruit, yes a fruit! You may be tempted to call avocados a vegetable because of their dark...
Water is vital to maintaining a healthy body. I know we've heard it time and time again, drink more water!
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
Many of us live busy lives whether you're a parent and or are living a busy work life.