When it comes to a perfect family breakfast or brunch, pancakes rank pretty high on the popularity scale. Easy to make (thank you, instant mix) and fun to top as you choose. The only real work is in the pouring and flipping, constantly battling between the perfect browned pancake, and serving them up warm, and attempting to eat all together. A tall order when you’re talking about pancakes. That is until you discover sheet pan pancakes. Easily prepared in the oven, you can serve up all at once, all perfectly cooked. With this version, we added some berries for some color and flavor. However, you can make this recipe in whatever way you choose to create it. Plain or with chocolate chips, they’ll be amazing no matter what.
This recipe happens in just two easy stages, the first step is mixing your pancake batter and pouring over your berries in a foil-lined baking sheet, before baking part way in the oven. Next step, you remove the pancakes when not quite fully cooked, and top with more berries, returning to the oven so they can finish baking. The purpose of this is to keep the pancakes FULL of berries, but not so that the berries just sink into the pancakes, not to be visible at all. We eat with our eyes first, after all.
Next time you go to make pancakes, try sheet pan pancakes. You might be just changing your ways after it.
For more SHEET PAN RECIPES
check out our Pinterest board dedicated to them!
- 4 cups pancake mix (prepared as required,we used a "just add water" variety yielding about 8 cups of batter)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Sheet Pan
- Foil (non stick, or use non stick cooking spray if not)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare your pancake batter and set aside (follow directions based on your mix).
- Place berries on the sheet pan (non stick, or coated to be non stick) then pour the pancake batter over the berries. Tap the sheet pan down on the countertop to even out the layer of batter.
- Bake for about 8-9 minutes, then remove the pancakes, top with the additional berries and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes until golden brown, but still light).
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!!
Who doesn't love a rich, chocolatey, gooey brownie?! They're delicious and comforting and great with a bowl of vegan ice cream.
Valentine's Day is just around the corner and if you're looking for festive snack ideas for your kids, look no further...
Chocolate-covered strawberries are a delicious dessert any time of the year but they're especially popular around Valentine's day.
Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to make a special dinner with a special someone.
Do you plan on making this Valentine's Day memorable for the special someone in your life?
Valentine's Day is just a few weeks away and there's no better time than now to start planning.
The promise of a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner usually has you gorging with your sweetie on rich appetizers, creamy entrees,...
Avoid the restaurant rush, and instead opt to stay in and create a romantic Valentine's dinner for two.
Don't bore your beloved with the same old predictable, store-bought teddy bear, chocolates, and flowers.
Valentines is that lovey-dovey holiday that usually sneaks up on us and then demands attention, all at once.
As Valentine's Day approaches do you find yourself shunning events filled with happy, gushing couples?
Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate the ones you love and let them know how much you care.