When it comes to a perfect family breakfast or brunch, pancakes rank pretty high on the popularity scale. Easy to make (thank you, instant mix) and fun to top as you choose. The only real work is in the pouring and flipping, constantly battling between the perfect browned pancake, and serving them up warm, and attempting to eat all together. A tall order when you’re talking about pancakes. That is until you discover sheet pan pancakes. Easily prepared in the oven, you can serve up all at once, all perfectly cooked. With this version, we added some berries for some color and flavor. However, you can make this recipe in whatever way you choose to create it. Plain or with chocolate chips, they’ll be amazing no matter what.
This recipe happens in just two easy stages, the first step is mixing your pancake batter and pouring over your berries in a foil-lined baking sheet, before baking part way in the oven. Next step, you remove the pancakes when not quite fully cooked, and top with more berries, returning to the oven so they can finish baking. The purpose of this is to keep the pancakes FULL of berries, but not so that the berries just sink into the pancakes, not to be visible at all. We eat with our eyes first, after all.
Next time you go to make pancakes, try sheet pan pancakes. You might be just changing your ways after it.
For more SHEET PAN RECIPES
check out our Pinterest board dedicated to them!
- 4 cups pancake mix (prepared as required,we used a "just add water" variety yielding about 8 cups of batter)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Sheet Pan
- Foil (non stick, or use non stick cooking spray if not)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare your pancake batter and set aside (follow directions based on your mix).
- Place berries on the sheet pan (non stick, or coated to be non stick) then pour the pancake batter over the berries. Tap the sheet pan down on the countertop to even out the layer of batter.
- Bake for about 8-9 minutes, then remove the pancakes, top with the additional berries and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes until golden brown, but still light).
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!!
There's something about carbs that truly make my heart sing. Pasta dishes comfort the soul and that's part of what makes them so...
Chocolate-covered strawberries are a delicious dessert any time of the year but they're especially popular around Valentine's day.
Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to cook an amazing meal for your loved one.
Do you plan on making this Valentine's Day memorable for the special someone in your life?
Valentine's Day is just a few weeks away and there's no better time than now to start planning.
Valentine's Day is the best day of the year to show the person you love how much you care.
When it comes to Valentine's, it doesn't have to be all candy hearts and chocolates, roses and candlelit dinners.
This past Christmas we created little brownie toppers out of chocolate candy melts, made to look like Christmas trees (see them...
It's officially Valentine's Day and for those of you still scrambling to find the perfect recipe for your romantic meal, we have...
Are you single this Valentine's Day? No need to be so negative about such a positive thing.
Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate the ones you love and let them know how much you care.
Valentine's Day is a day to express your love for the special people in your life.