Valentines is that lovey-dovey holiday that usually sneaks up on us and then demands attention, all at once. Don’t get stuck not having a treat for your coworkers, kid’s school class or even your friends this year. With an easy recipe that can be made in advance, or like, an hour before you’ll be smooth sailing right through until Feb 15th. Phew! Made from two of Valentine’s best hits – conversation hearts and chocolate, this recipe is sure to be a hit among your loves.
- 3 cups white chocolate wafers/chips
- 1/2 cup pink chocolate wafers (or 12-24 individual pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups conversation hearts, crushed/chopped
- 1/2 cup heart sprinkles
- Black Food Coloring Pen
- Candy Eyes
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- First, using your black food coloring pen, make dots on all of the back of your "lovebugs" (the pink chocolate wafers). Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your white chocolate on high in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each. This takes approx 1.5 minutes.
- Mix your crushed conversation hearts into your melted chocolate and immediately pour onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Spread evenly onto the sheet to make an even layer.
- Place your pink wafer lovebugs onto the top of the melted bark, using some extra melted chocolate to glue on the eyes with a toothpick.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes, in the fridge.
- Once set, snap apart gently with your hands. Serve on a plate, or bag individually for gifts!
Who doesn't love a rich, chocolatey, gooey brownie?! They're delicious and comforting and great with a bowl of vegan ice cream.
This past Christmas we created little brownie toppers out of chocolate candy melts, made to look like Christmas trees (see them...
I love baking sugar cookies with my kids, however - it's always such a process between all the dough making, the rolling out,...
Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate the ones you love and let them know how much you care.
Valentine's Day is just around the corner and if you're looking for festive snack ideas for your kids, look no further...
It's officially Valentine's Day and for those of you still scrambling to find the perfect recipe for your romantic meal, we have...
Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to make a special dinner with a special someone.
Do you plan on making this Valentine's Day memorable for the special someone in your life?
Valentine's Day is just a few weeks away and there's no better time than now to start planning.
The promise of a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner usually has you gorging with your sweetie on rich appetizers, creamy entrees,...
Chocolate-covered strawberries are a delicious dessert any time of the year but they're especially popular around Valentine's day.
Don't bore your beloved with the same old predictable, store-bought teddy bear, chocolates, and flowers.