I know what you’re thinking….Pancakes, healthy? Two ingredients? How? What? Where? When? Why? All of your questions will be answered. This recipe will literally rock your pancake world, and make it perfectly ok to indulge on the regular. Personally, I love these topped with a bit of peanut butter before that maple drizzle. These make one delicious breakfast (or breakfast for dinner) without the guilt.
- 3 Slightly Unripened Bananas (Yellow with a tinge of green in the peel works best!)
- 2 Egg Whites
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Non-Stick Pan
- First, mash your bananas with a fork until nearly all the lumps are out. This may take a couple minutes since you're using slightly unripened bananas.
- Next, mix in your egg whites and continue to whisk with your fork until fluffy, and slightly frothy.
- Heat your skillet on a medium-low heat, and be sure to spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour your pancake batter in ladles (approx 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake) into the heated pan, one at a time, and let them cook for a few minutes, carefully flip, and continue to cook the opposite side.
- Stack them up, and serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit, peanut butter or whatever toppings you choose!