A while back we discovered that pancakes didn’t require what we once thought was a pancake’s main ingredient – flour. We made these 2-ingredient pancakes and our lives were forever changed for the better.
Pancakes are most definitely a “treat” for a breakfast meal…not much in terms of nutrition with just carbs and sugar. With the 2 ingredient pancakes we were able to make them from just bananas & eggs!
Taking that (somewhat) same method and putting a Fall spin on things, we added in 3 more ingredients and made these easy, healthy PROTEIN pancakes that don’t just fill your belly, but fuel your body. Exciting times.
There was also the fact that we are definitely the type that go crazy for pumpkin spice and try to implement it into as many parts of our day as possible…
This recipe uses pumpkin puree as it’s main ingredient, so while you definitely get a taste of the season’s favorite squash, you’re also getting all those amazing nutrients that a pumpkin provides!
Try this recipe out! You will sure to be not only shocked at it’s ease, but it’s a guilt-free pancake that will start your day off right. x
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray OR Butter
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- With a non-stick pan, begin to heat it up to a medium heat on your stovetop.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all your ingredients until well combined. It will seem a little thinner than a typical pancake batter, and that's ok!
- Spray your heated pan with a non-stick cooking spray, and begin to pour your batter into pancakes. We made ours "dollar" pancakes that were nearly bitesized.
- Cook until golden brown, then flip and do the same for the other side.
- Plate, and enjoy with maple syrup or anything you'd like!
Who is ready to mix up their weekly dinner menu? I am! While I love my chicken stuffed with goat cheese and spinach, I know there...
By this point you've probably been hearing that buzzword around your neighborhood, family, social media or workplace - "keto".
Cauliflower is definitely living in its 15 minutes of fame. Becoming more and more popular in restaurants and in home recipes,...
There's just something about the refreshing taste of a pickle. Often served as an appetizer or a lunch side, they're most likely...
A lot of us make a huge effort to make sure the content of our cupboards and kitchens reflect the lifestyle we want to live and...
We all know that eating healthy foods helps you achieve a strong body, right?
Cooking vegetables can be as simple or as complicated as you make it but at the end of the day, you want a delicious dish with the...
We've been cooking up recipes for a while now, and if there's one thing that we come back to time and time again, in everyday life...
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it can also become the most uninspiring meal when you have limited time to...
A new year, a new you! We hear that phrase all the time as we are all getting ready for the new year ahead.
The Whole30 Diet has been raved about for several years now, beginning in 2009 and creating a large bandwagon following.
We know that you probably wouldn't give up your morning coffee—regardless of the health risks.