A while back we discovered that pancakes didn’t require what we once thought was a pancake’s main ingredient – flour. We made these 2-ingredient pancakes and our lives were forever changed for the better.
Pancakes are most definitely a “treat” for a breakfast meal…not much in terms of nutrition with just carbs and sugar. With the 2 ingredient pancakes we were able to make them from just bananas & eggs!
Taking that (somewhat) same method and putting a Fall spin on things, we added in 3 more ingredients and made these easy, healthy PROTEIN pancakes that don’t just fill your belly, but fuel your body. Exciting times.
There was also the fact that we are definitely the type that go crazy for pumpkin spice and try to implement it into as many parts of our day as possible…
This recipe uses pumpkin puree as it’s main ingredient, so while you definitely get a taste of the season’s favorite squash, you’re also getting all those amazing nutrients that a pumpkin provides!
Try this recipe out! You will sure to be not only shocked at it’s ease, but it’s a guilt-free pancake that will start your day off right. x
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray OR Butter
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- With a non-stick pan, begin to heat it up to a medium heat on your stovetop.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all your ingredients until well combined. It will seem a little thinner than a typical pancake batter, and that's ok!
- Spray your heated pan with a non-stick cooking spray, and begin to pour your batter into pancakes. We made ours "dollar" pancakes that were nearly bitesized.
- Cook until golden brown, then flip and do the same for the other side.
- Plate, and enjoy with maple syrup or anything you'd like!
Buying fresh produce can feel expensive especially if you're purchasing fruits or vegetables in their offseasons.
Do you load your short stack up with butter and syrup? Or do you prefer your flapjacks with jam and whipped cream?
While I don't love all vegetables, I am definitely up for trying new things (at least once).
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...