A while back we discovered that pancakes didn’t require what we once thought was a pancake’s main ingredient – flour. We made these 2-ingredient pancakes and our lives were forever changed for the better.
Pancakes are most definitely a “treat” for a breakfast meal…not much in terms of nutrition with just carbs and sugar. With the 2 ingredient pancakes we were able to make them from just bananas & eggs!
Taking that (somewhat) same method and putting a Fall spin on things, we added in 3 more ingredients and made these easy, healthy PROTEIN pancakes that don’t just fill your belly, but fuel your body. Exciting times.
There was also the fact that we are definitely the type that go crazy for pumpkin spice and try to implement it into as many parts of our day as possible…
This recipe uses pumpkin puree as it’s main ingredient, so while you definitely get a taste of the season’s favorite squash, you’re also getting all those amazing nutrients that a pumpkin provides!
Try this recipe out! You will sure to be not only shocked at it’s ease, but it’s a guilt-free pancake that will start your day off right. x
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray OR Butter
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- With a non-stick pan, begin to heat it up to a medium heat on your stovetop.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all your ingredients until well combined. It will seem a little thinner than a typical pancake batter, and that's ok!
- Spray your heated pan with a non-stick cooking spray, and begin to pour your batter into pancakes. We made ours "dollar" pancakes that were nearly bitesized.
- Cook until golden brown, then flip and do the same for the other side.
- Plate, and enjoy with maple syrup or anything you'd like!
For many, cheese is one of the hardest foods to give up when you adopt a vegan diet, no matter the reason you've decided to cut...
The thing about root vegetables is that they often take a lot of time to cook, especially in the oven.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.