A while back we discovered that pancakes didn’t require what we once thought was a pancake’s main ingredient – flour. We made these 2-ingredient pancakes and our lives were forever changed for the better.
Pancakes are most definitely a “treat” for a breakfast meal…not much in terms of nutrition with just carbs and sugar. With the 2 ingredient pancakes we were able to make them from just bananas & eggs!
Taking that (somewhat) same method and putting a Fall spin on things, we added in 3 more ingredients and made these easy, healthy PROTEIN pancakes that don’t just fill your belly, but fuel your body. Exciting times.
There was also the fact that we are definitely the type that go crazy for pumpkin spice and try to implement it into as many parts of our day as possible…
This recipe uses pumpkin puree as it’s main ingredient, so while you definitely get a taste of the season’s favorite squash, you’re also getting all those amazing nutrients that a pumpkin provides!
Try this recipe out! You will sure to be not only shocked at it’s ease, but it’s a guilt-free pancake that will start your day off right. x
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray OR Butter
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- With a non-stick pan, begin to heat it up to a medium heat on your stovetop.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all your ingredients until well combined. It will seem a little thinner than a typical pancake batter, and that's ok!
- Spray your heated pan with a non-stick cooking spray, and begin to pour your batter into pancakes. We made ours "dollar" pancakes that were nearly bitesized.
- Cook until golden brown, then flip and do the same for the other side.
- Plate, and enjoy with maple syrup or anything you'd like!
By this point you've probably been hearing that buzzword around your neighborhood, family, social media or workplace - "keto".
A while back we dove into the world of dessert hummus with a chocolate version that reminded us of brownie batter.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is vital to help you lose or maintain weight as well as a very important part in maintaining...
Water is vital to maintaining a healthy body. I know we've heard it time and time again, drink more water!
There's nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked banana bread, is there?
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
Buying fresh produce can feel expensive especially if you're purchasing fruits or vegetables in their offseasons.
In an effort to keep our bodies maintained well, whether we are trying to get healthy and lose weight, or simply keep in shape, it...
For many, cheese is one of the hardest foods to give up when you adopt a vegan diet, no matter the reason you've decided to cut...
When it comes to the natural health community, apple cider is most likely the most popular type of vinegar and for good reason!
It's officially summer and that means it's grilling season! Unfortunately, not everybody has a barbeque.
Carrots are a delicious orange root vegetable. They offer a great source of minerals and vitamins.