A while back we discovered that pancakes didn’t require what we once thought was a pancake’s main ingredient – flour. We made these 2-ingredient pancakes and our lives were forever changed for the better.
Pancakes are most definitely a “treat” for a breakfast meal…not much in terms of nutrition with just carbs and sugar. With the 2 ingredient pancakes we were able to make them from just bananas & eggs!
Taking that (somewhat) same method and putting a Fall spin on things, we added in 3 more ingredients and made these easy, healthy PROTEIN pancakes that don’t just fill your belly, but fuel your body. Exciting times.
There was also the fact that we are definitely the type that go crazy for pumpkin spice and try to implement it into as many parts of our day as possible…
This recipe uses pumpkin puree as it’s main ingredient, so while you definitely get a taste of the season’s favorite squash, you’re also getting all those amazing nutrients that a pumpkin provides!
Try this recipe out! You will sure to be not only shocked at it’s ease, but it’s a guilt-free pancake that will start your day off right. x
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray OR Butter
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- With a non-stick pan, begin to heat it up to a medium heat on your stovetop.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all your ingredients until well combined. It will seem a little thinner than a typical pancake batter, and that's ok!
- Spray your heated pan with a non-stick cooking spray, and begin to pour your batter into pancakes. We made ours "dollar" pancakes that were nearly bitesized.
- Cook until golden brown, then flip and do the same for the other side.
- Plate, and enjoy with maple syrup or anything you'd like!
For those who have to deal with an anxiety disorder, they often have the constant feeling of uneasiness, worry and fear.
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!
We've all heard it before "be sure to get a good night sleep". But do you know how important that statement really is?
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
Rice is a staple in most people’s homes, including mine! It’s filling and the perfect complement to so many dishes, from meat...
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...
Being comfortable in your body is essential to living a happy life.