Not everyone is prepared to host a feast. Sometimes a 20lb turkey is just too much for a smaller crowd (or couple). Using a small Cornish hen, you can make a single serving holiday meal – just miniature! This recipe was designed to serve 4, but can always be adjusted to serve however many you’d like since everyone gets their own whole hen to enjoy. The best part about this recipe? It’s made in one pan!
- 4 - Cornish hens
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups mini potatoes, halved or whole
- 2 cups Brussells sprouts, halved
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Rosemary, to taste
- Additional seasonings of choice, to taste (optional)
- Large mixing bowl
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the potatoes, Brussels sprouts and carrots together adding just enough olive oil to coat when tossed (approx 2 tbsp). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the vegetables into a 9 x 13 baking dish, spreading out evenly across the pan.
- Sit the Cornish hens, breast side up, on top of the vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil, and rub the oil all over the skin of the hens with your hands (or a brush).
- Season each hen with salt & pepper, rosemary, and any other seasoning of choice.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 mins.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue cooking for 30 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 180 degrees F has been reached.
The highlight of every Thanksgiving dinner is the giant turkey. This 14+ pound bird is one massive main dish.
Snacks are crucial for everyone. They keep us full in between meals and quench our cravings.
My favorite thing about the holidays is time spent with family, however, my second favorite thing has to be the delicious food!
The holiday season seems to creep up on us each year. After all, we're busy gift shopping, grocery shopping and preparing menus...
Looking for Christmas-themed food ideas for the annual office potluck party?
Dessert is and has always been the highlight of any holiday dinner, and this year is no exception.
Do you love drool-worthy casseroles? Then get ready for a true treat!
The Thanksgiving holiday brings families near and far together to enjoy delicious food.
This holiday season, gather around the table and enjoy a delicious meal with those you love.
Apple picking season is upon us so be sure to make the best of this fun fall activity.
Every year families gather around the table, give thanks, and enjoy delicious food on the Thanksgiving holiday.
Crispy bacon is especially enjoyed for breakfast but it has quickly made its way into every meal of the day!