I’m all about grilling in the summertime! In fact, we make most of our meals on the barbecue when the weather cooperates. It’s a great way to make meal prep more social, as my husband and I sit outside with a drink and catch each other up on our days while dinner cooks. Foil packets are one of my favorite ways to grill because they’re a foolproof way to add variety since it’s easy to do personalized packets!
Keto-dieters and everyone else will absolutely love this low-carb healthy dinner option that can be whipped up on the grill in about half an hour! It’s a hearty meal that requires little barbecuing knowledge that the whole family will enjoy! Pro tip: Buy the extra wide heavy duty tin foil. It’s a game changer for grilling, especially for groups of people, because you can fit more food in each packet and it won’t rip on you. So go ahead and get grilling!
- 1 package spicy Italian smoked sausages, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, pre-sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Fresh parsley (optional), for garnish
- Extra wide heavy duty tin foil
- Turn the grill on and let it come to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables, sausage, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and all dried spices. Stir to coat.
- Divide the mixture between 2 large pieces of tin foil. Fold up the packets so that they are completely sealed.
- Put packets on the grill for 25-30 minutes, checking for doneness starting at about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove packets from grill and open carefully.
- Top with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve hot!
Let's be honest, making dinner for a crowd of hungry kiddos can be challenging when you are tight on time, budget and your little...
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Bailey's Irish Cream anyone? So delicious. But also packed with sugar, which is a definite no-no when you're on the Keto diet.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.
Whether you’ve been on the Ketogenic diet for a while now or are new to it, you’ve likely struggled with snacks.
What is your biggest challenge when you start a new diet? For me, it's sugar. Forget the deep fried food - I can skip that.
Is anybody else obsessed with Heluva Good Dip? I'm seriously addicted.
Following a new diet can be both exciting and daunting and following through with that diet is never easy!
Summer is in full swing and what better way to celebrate the warm weather than to dig into delicious food!