I’m all about grilling in the summertime! In fact, we make most of our meals on the barbecue when the weather cooperates. It’s a great way to make meal prep more social, as my husband and I sit outside with a drink and catch each other up on our days while dinner cooks. Foil packets are one of my favorite ways to grill because they’re a foolproof way to add variety since it’s easy to do personalized packets!
Keto-dieters and everyone else will absolutely love this low-carb healthy dinner option that can be whipped up on the grill in about half an hour! It’s a hearty meal that requires little barbecuing knowledge that the whole family will enjoy! Pro tip: Buy the extra wide heavy duty tin foil. It’s a game changer for grilling, especially for groups of people, because you can fit more food in each packet and it won’t rip on you. So go ahead and get grilling!
- 1 package spicy Italian smoked sausages, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, pre-sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Fresh parsley (optional), for garnish
- Extra wide heavy duty tin foil
- Turn the grill on and let it come to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables, sausage, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and all dried spices. Stir to coat.
- Divide the mixture between 2 large pieces of tin foil. Fold up the packets so that they are completely sealed.
- Put packets on the grill for 25-30 minutes, checking for doneness starting at about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove packets from grill and open carefully.
- Top with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve hot!
Grocery shopping can either be a task you want to avoid or peace and quiet "me" time you look forward to.
There are many foods you have to limit or give up when you’re on the ketogenic diet in order to stay within your daily carb...
Inflammation in the body can be a good thing and acute inflammation is considered a part of healing.
For those who have to deal with an anxiety disorder, they often have the constant feeling of uneasiness, worry and fear.
Sheet pan dinners are the answer to all your weekday dinner problems.
Chia seeds come from the plant Salvia Hispanica and are known for their tiny black seed appearance.
I'm a bit of a subscription box junkie. Meaning, I've been around the block a few times and had my fair share of these...
Smoothies are an awesome healthy addition to your daily diet and meal plan, especially for those on-the-go mornings.
As someone who now eats a mostly plant-based diet, I've found myself stumped on how to enjoy BBQ meals this summer.
Ginger has been used for thousands of years to treat minor illnesses.
Following a new diet can be a serious struggle especially when strong cravings creep up.
When adopting a new diet it can be hard to follow through unless you have a support system.