I’m all about grilling in the summertime! In fact, we make most of our meals on the barbecue when the weather cooperates. It’s a great way to make meal prep more social, as my husband and I sit outside with a drink and catch each other up on our days while dinner cooks. Foil packets are one of my favorite ways to grill because they’re a foolproof way to add variety since it’s easy to do personalized packets!
Keto-dieters and everyone else will absolutely love this low-carb healthy dinner option that can be whipped up on the grill in about half an hour! It’s a hearty meal that requires little barbecuing knowledge that the whole family will enjoy! Pro tip: Buy the extra wide heavy duty tin foil. It’s a game changer for grilling, especially for groups of people, because you can fit more food in each packet and it won’t rip on you. So go ahead and get grilling!
- 1 package spicy Italian smoked sausages, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, pre-sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Fresh parsley (optional), for garnish
- Extra wide heavy duty tin foil
- Turn the grill on and let it come to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables, sausage, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and all dried spices. Stir to coat.
- Divide the mixture between 2 large pieces of tin foil. Fold up the packets so that they are completely sealed.
- Put packets on the grill for 25-30 minutes, checking for doneness starting at about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove packets from grill and open carefully.
- Top with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve hot!
When you're following the Ketogenic diet, there are just some foods you have to cut out in order to stay within the daily carb...
Avocados are well known for their creamy texture and great health benefits.
Carb-filled foods are hard to give up. For many of us, they act as comfort foods.
Inflammation in the body can be a good thing and acute inflammation is considered a part of healing.
Earlier this month, we got to try out this incredible new kitchen gadget: the Multi-Function Cooker by Wolf Gourmet.
For those who have to deal with an anxiety disorder, they often have the constant feeling of uneasiness, worry and fear.
Chia seeds come from the plant Salvia Hispanica and are known for their tiny black seed appearance.
Food Organization inside a lunch bag is one of those arts you must master as a parent.
I'm a bit of a subscription box junkie. Meaning, I've been around the block a few times and had my fair share of these...
Smoothies are an awesome healthy addition to your daily diet and meal plan, especially for those on-the-go mornings.
Ginger has been used for thousands of years to treat minor illnesses.
Following a new diet on your own can be hard, especially when you don't have a team of support systems at home following the diet...