I’m all about grilling in the summertime! In fact, we make most of our meals on the barbecue when the weather cooperates. It’s a great way to make meal prep more social, as my husband and I sit outside with a drink and catch each other up on our days while dinner cooks. Foil packets are one of my favorite ways to grill because they’re a foolproof way to add variety since it’s easy to do personalized packets!
Keto-dieters and everyone else will absolutely love this low-carb healthy dinner option that can be whipped up on the grill in about half an hour! It’s a hearty meal that requires little barbecuing knowledge that the whole family will enjoy! Pro tip: Buy the extra wide heavy duty tin foil. It’s a game changer for grilling, especially for groups of people, because you can fit more food in each packet and it won’t rip on you. So go ahead and get grilling!
- 1 package spicy Italian smoked sausages, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, pre-sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Fresh parsley (optional), for garnish
- Extra wide heavy duty tin foil
- Turn the grill on and let it come to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables, sausage, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and all dried spices. Stir to coat.
- Divide the mixture between 2 large pieces of tin foil. Fold up the packets so that they are completely sealed.
- Put packets on the grill for 25-30 minutes, checking for doneness starting at about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove packets from grill and open carefully.
- Top with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve hot!
It's officially summer and that means it's grilling season! Unfortunately, not everybody has a barbeque.
Thanksgiving preparation is hard enough, add in dietary restrictions and then the level of complications keeps rising.
When I think about pumpkins I often find myself reminiscing or wishing it was the season of Fall.
New Years Eve parties are a fantastic time to connect with your friends and family.
When it comes to a low-carb diet such as the ever-popular Ketogenic Diet (read more on that HERE).
New Year's Eve is an opportunity to reflect on the previous year. For many, ringing in the new year is a chance to start fresh and...
Whole30 is an eating plan that can actually become a lifestyle depending on how you approach it.
Every new year comes new diet trends and we're on a mission to discover what they are and help you understand why they're...
Do you load your short stack up with butter and syrup? Or do you prefer your flapjacks with jam and whipped cream?
If you're following the Keto diet, there's one sort-of holiday that can be extra depressing and is none other than Pancake...
A ketogenic diet is all about ensuring your meals are low carb, high fat and contain moderate protein.
If there's one type of food we can all get on board with, it's Mexican food!