One of the main Ketogenic Diet essential foods is eggs. Rich in protein and the fats you need to keep fueled, it’s no wonder you’re looking to add them into your diet more. With a quiche, it’s a perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner option and is surprisingly good as a cold leftover, too. However, the Keto diet demands very low-carbs, which means buh-bye to your beloved quiche crust. That said, we don’t believe in sacrifices, we believe in substitutes…or, probably even an upgrade in this case.
By baking cheese slices in your pie pan before adding your egg, meat & veggie mixture to it, you create a crispy crust that’s incredibly complimentary to the quiche. All the while, it’s helping add more fats to your diet without compromising your carb intake one bit.
Yeah, we definitely think this is an upgrade from traditional quiche crust. Try it, and you’ll agree!
- 4-6 slices real cheddar cheese (or substitute for 1 cup shredded cheese)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream (we used 10%, you can use heavy cream or milk)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed (can sub for a handful of fresh)
- 3 slices of ham, chopped
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degreesFahrenheit, and line the bottom of your pie pan with cheese slices (make sure it's real cheese). Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, shredded cheese, ham, spinach, cayenne (optional), salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- Pour mixture over the cheese crust, and return to the oven (now 325 degrees) for 30-35 minutes, or until fully baked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before slicing up to serve. Enjoy!
Avocados are well known for their creamy texture and great health benefits.
Many of us start our day with a trip to Starbucks and fuel our day with a cup of coffee.
These Big Mac Bites are absolutely drool-worthy and the Copycat Big Mac Sauce is spot on - you wouldn't even know it didn't come...
Bulletproof coffee is huge in the Keto Diet community, but it actually has benefits for everyone regardless of whether you're on a...
Whether you’ve been on the Ketogenic diet for a while now or are new to it, you’ve likely struggled with snacks.
What is your biggest challenge when you start a new diet? For me, it's sugar. Forget the deep fried food - I can skip that.
Following a new diet can be both exciting and daunting and following through with that diet is never easy!
Summer is in full swing and what better way to celebrate the warm weather than to dig into delicious food!
Diets can be so hard to follow especially when strong cravings hit.
Barbeque sauce is a summer staple, but it's a hard one to get around if you're on the Keto diet since it's generally packed full...
Let me start by answering the question I know you're wondering - "Is this dressing good enough that I should actually take the...
Coleslaw might be on the most beloved summer salads in North America. Why you ask? I have no idea.