One of the main Ketogenic Diet essential foods is eggs. Rich in protein and the fats you need to keep fueled, it’s no wonder you’re looking to add them into your diet more. With a quiche, it’s a perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner option and is surprisingly good as a cold leftover, too. However, the Keto diet demands very low-carbs, which means buh-bye to your beloved quiche crust. That said, we don’t believe in sacrifices, we believe in substitutes…or, probably even an upgrade in this case.
By baking cheese slices in your pie pan before adding your egg, meat & veggie mixture to it, you create a crispy crust that’s incredibly complimentary to the quiche. All the while, it’s helping add more fats to your diet without compromising your carb intake one bit.
Yeah, we definitely think this is an upgrade from traditional quiche crust. Try it, and you’ll agree!
- 4-6 slices real cheddar cheese (or substitute for 1 cup shredded cheese)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream (we used 10%, you can use heavy cream or milk)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed (can sub for a handful of fresh)
- 3 slices of ham, chopped
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degreesFahrenheit, and line the bottom of your pie pan with cheese slices (make sure it's real cheese). Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, shredded cheese, ham, spinach, cayenne (optional), salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- Pour mixture over the cheese crust, and return to the oven (now 325 degrees) for 30-35 minutes, or until fully baked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before slicing up to serve. Enjoy!
Holidays are the hardest times of the year to stay on track with your diet.
Snacks are sneaky foods that can derail our diets, especially when following the keto diet.
Let me start by answering the question I know you're wondering - "Is this dressing good enough that I should actually take the...
Chicken wings are a favorite meal for many, whether you're eating out at a restaurant or sitting around the dinner table with your...
Fat bombs are an essential part of the Keto diet, allowing you to intake a large amount of healthy fats in just a couple of bites.
These little Cobb Salads on a Stick are all the deliciousness of a loaded cobb salad without the mess or need to sit down to enjoy...
Starting a new diet can be daunting and difficult and staying committed to that diet can be even harder.
In short, the goal of the keto diet is to fuel your body with the right foods so that your body can enter a metabolic state called...
There is a lot to look forward to in fall. For starters, the crisp air brings on beautiful changing leaves, apples are ready to be...
Following any diet alone can be hard but if you're able to encourage the entire family to participate you may be more inclined to...
Committing to the keto diet requires hard work and dedication, especially if you want to remain in ketosis.
There's nothing better than the convenience of cake mix, especially for those that don't have that natural baking skill!