If you’ve ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge. Sure, you can have bacon and eggs any morning but there are days that you just want pancakes, bagels, and waffles to satisfy your morning hunger.
We get it, and we got you.
Now, before we go any further, you may be wondering not just how we made some low-carb/keto friendly waffles, but what the heck do you top them with?
There’s a couple options! For something a little fresher tasting, you can make a homemade unsweetened whipping cream by whisking some heavy cream for a few minutes and topping on your waffles. Then, why not add some low-carb berries such as raspberries and blueberries? So good!
We, however, used a no-sugar-added syrup that worked perfectly for a quick option. The rest is just 5 ingredients and a hot waffle iron.
You got this.
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 pkgs stevia sweetener (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Non-stick cooking spray
- *optional* unsweetened heavy whipping cream, raspberries or blueberries, or no-sugar-added syrup
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer or whisk
- Waffle Iron
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat your egg whites until they become white, light and fluffy, creating peaks when you lift out your mixer.
- Next add in your baking powder, sweetener and almond milk and gently fold in with a spatula.
- Next, fold in your coconut flour (and note that it will deflate the mixture a lot).
- Spray your heated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour about half of your batter into the iron, leaving room for the batter to expand as it cooks (don't fill the iron or it will overflow).
- Cook until the waffle has browned and easily lifting away from the iron.
- Carefully remove from the iron, plate and serve along with the toppings of your choosing!
I'm all about grilling in the summertime! In fact, we make most of our meals on the barbecue when the weather cooperates.
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
Whether you're a seasoned Ketogenic dieter, or new to the game, you've likely struggled with one major thing - SNACKS.
Holidays are great because they generally mean you get to spend more quality time with friends and family and feast on delicious...
Staying on track with your diet during any holiday can be extremely difficult.
Who doesn't love a good potluck? They're the best because it often means that there will be loads of food and a wonderful variety...
Starting a new diet isn't the hard part but being consistent and dedicated is!
Has anyone else been seeing versions of Big Mac Sauce popping up at the grocery store? I sure have.
Egg rolls are delicious, let's be honest. But they're crazy unhealthy because they're usually deep fried in those little wrappers!
Many of us start our day with a trip to Starbucks and fuel our day with a cup of coffee.