If you’ve ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge. Sure, you can have bacon and eggs any morning but there are days that you just want pancakes, bagels, and waffles to satisfy your morning hunger.
We get it, and we got you.
Now, before we go any further, you may be wondering not just how we made some low-carb/keto friendly waffles, but what the heck do you top them with?
There’s a couple options! For something a little fresher tasting, you can make a homemade unsweetened whipping cream by whisking some heavy cream for a few minutes and topping on your waffles. Then, why not add some low-carb berries such as raspberries and blueberries? So good!
We, however, used a no-sugar-added syrup that worked perfectly for a quick option. The rest is just 5 ingredients and a hot waffle iron.
You got this.
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 pkgs stevia sweetener (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Non-stick cooking spray
- *optional* unsweetened heavy whipping cream, raspberries or blueberries, or no-sugar-added syrup
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer or whisk
- Waffle Iron
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat your egg whites until they become white, light and fluffy, creating peaks when you lift out your mixer.
- Next add in your baking powder, sweetener and almond milk and gently fold in with a spatula.
- Next, fold in your coconut flour (and note that it will deflate the mixture a lot).
- Spray your heated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour about half of your batter into the iron, leaving room for the batter to expand as it cooks (don't fill the iron or it will overflow).
- Cook until the waffle has browned and easily lifting away from the iron.
- Carefully remove from the iron, plate and serve along with the toppings of your choosing!
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!
We've all heard it before "be sure to get a good night sleep". But do you know how important that statement really is?
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
Barbeque sauce is a summer staple, but it's a hard one to get around if you're on the Keto diet since it's generally packed full...
Rice is a staple in most people’s homes, including mine! It’s filling and the perfect complement to so many dishes, from meat...
Let me start by answering the question I know you're wondering - "Is this dressing good enough that I should actually take the...
Coleslaw might be on the most beloved summer salads in North America. Why you ask? I have no idea.
Chicken wings are a favorite meal for many, whether you're eating out at a restaurant or sitting around the dinner table with your...
Fat bombs are an essential part of the Keto diet, allowing you to intake a large amount of healthy fats in just a couple of bites.
These little Cobb Salads on a Stick are all the deliciousness of a loaded cobb salad without the mess or need to sit down to enjoy...
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...