If you’ve ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge. Sure, you can have bacon and eggs any morning but there are days that you just want pancakes, bagels, and waffles to satisfy your morning hunger.
We get it, and we got you.
Now, before we go any further, you may be wondering not just how we made some low-carb/keto friendly waffles, but what the heck do you top them with?
There’s a couple options! For something a little fresher tasting, you can make a homemade unsweetened whipping cream by whisking some heavy cream for a few minutes and topping on your waffles. Then, why not add some low-carb berries such as raspberries and blueberries? So good!
We, however, used a no-sugar-added syrup that worked perfectly for a quick option. The rest is just 5 ingredients and a hot waffle iron.
You got this.
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 pkgs stevia sweetener (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Non-stick cooking spray
- *optional* unsweetened heavy whipping cream, raspberries or blueberries, or no-sugar-added syrup
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer or whisk
- Waffle Iron
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat your egg whites until they become white, light and fluffy, creating peaks when you lift out your mixer.
- Next add in your baking powder, sweetener and almond milk and gently fold in with a spatula.
- Next, fold in your coconut flour (and note that it will deflate the mixture a lot).
- Spray your heated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour about half of your batter into the iron, leaving room for the batter to expand as it cooks (don't fill the iron or it will overflow).
- Cook until the waffle has browned and easily lifting away from the iron.
- Carefully remove from the iron, plate and serve along with the toppings of your choosing!
When you're following the Ketogenic diet, there are just some foods you have to cut out in order to stay within the daily carb...
Carb-filled foods are hard to give up. For many of us, they act as comfort foods.
There are many foods you have to limit or give up when you’re on the ketogenic diet in order to stay within your daily carb...
Earlier this month, we got to try out this incredible new kitchen gadget: the Multi-Function Cooker by Wolf Gourmet.
For those who have to deal with an anxiety disorder, they often have the constant feeling of uneasiness, worry and fear.
Sheet pan dinners are the answer to all your weekday dinner problems.
Food Organization inside a lunch bag is one of those arts you must master as a parent.
I'm a bit of a subscription box junkie. Meaning, I've been around the block a few times and had my fair share of these...
Smoothies are an awesome healthy addition to your daily diet and meal plan, especially for those on-the-go mornings.
As someone who now eats a mostly plant-based diet, I've found myself stumped on how to enjoy BBQ meals this summer.
Following a new diet on your own can be hard, especially when you don't have a team of support systems at home following the diet...
I'm all about grilling in the summertime! In fact, we make most of our meals on the barbecue when the weather cooperates.