The ketogenic diet may sound complicated, but it’s actually quite simple. Stay away from carbs, stay away from sugar, and OH – eat lots and lots of healthy fats.
Eating more fat can be a foreign concept for many while working towards losing fat, but it’s a proven effective method for weight loss when the body intakes so few carbs that the body’s main energy source becomes something called “ketones” which are created by the liver when converting fat to energy.
Cutting out carbs and sweets is an instant challenge when it comes to satisfying that sweet tooth on a Keto diet. So we wanted to make a recipe that not only worked as a sweet dessert or snack, but also had high-fat content to help the body create those ketones you need for fat burning and energy.
This recipe does all of that, naturally. With powerhouse ingredients such as coconut oil, natural peanut butter, pecans, dark chocolate and stevia (a natural sugar supplement) it comes together to make a perfect break-apart bark that you simply store in your fridge to enjoy for weeks to come.
Give this recipe a try, to keep you on track and happy while participating in a low-carb, high-fat diet such as the Keto diet. It’s ridiculously satisfying to that sweet tooth while providing a clean source of protein and healthy fats.
For a more in-depth look at the Ketogenic Diet, try reading more about it HERE.
- 1/2 cup All Natural Peanut Butter (we used Kraft Natural Peanut Butter with Sea Salt)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 packs (or 8 drops) Stevia Sweetener (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup Pecans (halved)
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1oz 90% Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil (for drizzle)
- Microwave-safe mixing bowl
- Parchment paper lined sheet pan
- Scoop both 1/2 cup of your natural peanut butter along with 1/2 cup of coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds, then stir until the coconut oil melts completely and the mixture of the two are well combined.
- Add your 1 cup of pecans, stevia and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour immediately into your parchment paper lined sheet pan, tipping it to create an even layer.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- Melt together approx 1oz of dark chocolate along with 1 tsp of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for approx. 20 seconds to create a drizzle. Drizzle over the bark mixture with a spoon.
- Place the whole sheet pan in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Remove from freezer, break apart, and store in air-tight container or bag in the fridge for easy snacking.
- *Please note: They will melt if left at room temperature, and are meant to be enjoyed chilled or frozen*
Sheet pan dinners are the answer to all your weekday dinner problems.
Bulletproof coffee is huge in the Keto Diet community, but it actually has benefits for everyone regardless of whether you're on a...
Whether you’ve been on the Ketogenic diet for a while now or are new to it, you’ve likely struggled with snacks.
Is anybody else obsessed with Heluva Good Dip? I'm seriously addicted.
Following a new diet can be both exciting and daunting and following through with that diet is never easy!
Summer is in full swing and what better way to celebrate the warm weather than to dig into delicious food!
Barbeque sauce is a summer staple, but it's a hard one to get around if you're on the Keto diet since it's generally packed full...
Snacks are sneaky foods that can derail our diets, especially when following the keto diet.
Let me start by answering the question I know you're wondering - "Is this dressing good enough that I should actually take the...
Coleslaw might be on the most beloved summer salads in North America. Why you ask? I have no idea.
Fat bombs are an essential part of the Keto diet, allowing you to intake a large amount of healthy fats in just a couple of bites.
These little Cobb Salads on a Stick are all the deliciousness of a loaded cobb salad without the mess or need to sit down to enjoy...