If you have a school aged kid in your life, chances are – you’re in the midst of this weird trend…slime making. However, a lot of the ingredients used in these slimes can be toxic and damaging to little hands (ask a Mama who knows…since her son got rashes all over his hands…eep!). The solution to this is simple, make it safe and edible! Kids play with their food regardless, so might as well make an activity out of it.
I’ll also have you know that my 3 expert slime-makers have come back with the report: “this is actually really great slime”. So there you go. Approved. By the experts themselves!
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, plus additional for mixing
- 1/2 cup corn starch, plus additional for mixing
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, plus additional for mixing
- Food coloring
- At a medium heat, add your marshmallows and coconut oil to a large pot and mix continuously until melted (you can do a microwaved version of this as well).
- Once melted, pour your marshmallow melt into a mixing bowl and add in corn starch and icing sugar.
- Mix with your hands. Note: this will get STICKY! To help with this, coat them in coconut oil.
- Transfer the mixture onto a cornstarch coated surface, and continue to knead and mix until the *right* slime consistency is reached. It should be stretchable and not sticky. Keep adding corn starch, icing sugar and coconut oil until you feel happy with your texture.
- Divide the slime into three, and do drops of food coloring on each. Knead again to mix the colors.
- It's finished! Roll, stretch & play with your slime (and it's ok to take a bite, too!).
These waffle puffs will blow your Nutella loving minds! Easy to make without an ove, and instead using a basic waffle iron, along...
Fluffernutter, if you’ve never heard, is originally a sandwich said to have originated in New England, Massachusetts that...
There's nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked banana bread, is there?
No one can deny the perfect combination that is chocolate and hazelnuts. It's creamy and sweet and reminds us of our childhoods.
When it comes to a perfect family breakfast or brunch, pancakes rank pretty high on the popularity scale.
Jambalaya is a family favorite to many, regardless of whether or not you have roots in New Orleans!
Who doesn't love a rich, chocolatey, gooey brownie?! They're delicious and comforting and great with a bowl of vegan ice cream.
Gummy bears + wine. To know them is to love them - and to make them at home is something you might not realize is as easy as it...
There's nothing quite like a bowl of chili on a cold, dreary day. It warms you up from the inside out and you can batch cook it,...
With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of...
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
This recipe feeds the whole family with a comforting casserole that takes a spin into the world of pizza.