Hosting a kids birthday party is no easy task – especially with so many parents becoming more and more concerned about what their children are eating. Not only is it difficult to find snacks and meals that all kids love (or at least willing to eat) but it’s even more difficult to find treats that are deemed acceptable by other parents.
With some parents choosing only organic foods for their children and others cutting sugar out of their kids’ diets completely, it becomes quite a struggle to find fun and healthy snacks to serve at your child’s birthday party.
Luckily, we have some suggestions that are easy, healthy and (hopefully) supported by the majority of parents out there.
Here are 10 (5 lunch options and 5 snack options) ideas for kids birthday party snacks and treats:
1. Mini Make-Your-Own Pizzas. Most kids love pizza and, this way, they can put whatever they like on and leave whatever they don’t like off.
2. Chicken Fingers and Salad. A fairly safe option – as long as none of the children attending the party are vegetarian.
3. Burgers and Hot Dogs. A traditional choice but you can bet most kids will like one or the other.
4. Grilled Cheese and Smiley Fries. A fun and easy way to keep everyone happy.
5. Ham and Cheese Wraps. A healthy choice that most parents will approve of. You can add alternate meats and cheeses to help make sure there’s something for every child.
6. Fun Fruit Kabobs. Incredibly healthy and you can cut the fruit into fun shapes to make the snack more interesting.
7. Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Use white and dark chocolate and watch the kids eat them up in no time.
8. Tiny Teddy Cars. Not exactly the healthiest snack option but they’re almost too cute to pass up. Plus, it’s a birthday party – a tiny chocolate bar isn’t going to hurt anyone.
9. Worm Jello Cups. Simply make non-alcoholic jello shooters and put a gummy worm in each glass. Cute, fun and relatively healthy – a win/win for everyone.
10. Real Fruit Slushies. Combine real fruit and ice in a blender and you have a refreshing, balanced snack for all the kids. You can make a few different flavors and the kids can try all of them.