The leaves on the trees are turning colored and the wind now has a brisk edge. This can only mean one thing- Halloween is coming! We love the idea of a special day where you can eat as much candy as you like and not feel guilty about it. In the name of science (or our greedy stomachs), we tested and came up with our top 10 best Halloween trick or treating candies. All of these are store bought for safety. Read our top 10 list and tell us your favorite candies!
10. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. These used to be a top contender but a recent reformulation bumped it down on the list. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is always a winner so it’s on this list and not the top 10 worst.
9. Nerds. Tiny sour sugar candies are always fantastic. If you eat them one by one they take forever to go through, which is a good thing when it comes to candy. The only problem is that they come in such small containers!
8. Rockets. These can either be a favorite or hated, but we think they should be on the top list. Tangy and sugary, you know exactly what you’re getting with this treat.
7. LaffyTaffy. Wonka can do no wrong with us. The LaffyTaffy used to be on the shelves as whole sized candy, but now it’s hard to find. These little chewy pieces are packed with flavor and have a wonderful texture.
6. Tootsie Rolls. Like taffy, these chocolate chews are a big favorite. They are buttery and chocolaty with a great texture. Tootsie rolls are underrated but a great classic candy.
5. Kitkat Bars. This chocolate/wafer combination is a winning recipe. They are good in any size and the mini Halloween versions are just as wonderful as the full sized forms.
4. Crispy Crunch. The inside of these crunchy/chewy chocolate bar is a mystery. We’re pretty sure it’s peanut butter, but we like to think it’s made of magic, unicorns, and rainbows.
3. Mini Doritos Bags. Skip the no name potato chips and pick up the mini bags of Doritos. They pack all the flavor and punch of the full sized, but are made for little hands.
2. Candy From Other Cultures. If you come from a different culture or country, try giving out your traditional candy. Some of our best trick or treating memories come from exploring different candies that we might not think of eating.
1. Coffee Crisp. There is nothing better than coffee with chocolate. Mix that with a light wafer texture and you have the best chocolate bar on the market.