To me, summer and grilling are synonymous. By that, I mean my husband, grilling, and summer are synonymous because I have yet to learn how to barbeque anything substantial by myself. That’s exactly what makes these lemon garlic shrimp and vegetables foil packets so dang good! You mix everything up in a bowl (if you’ve got a big enough bowl, you can put it all into one), dump it onto heavy duty tin foil, fold it up, and throw it on the barbecue. Not only is it a fast meal, it really doesn’t require any grilling skill! If you can turn the grill on, you can make this dish perfectly.
It’s a healthier option with low carb vegetables and lean shrimp that has all the light summer flavors we crave during these hot months. It’s simple enough that you can whip it up for a quick weeknight family meal, but flavorful enough to serve if you’re hosting. Serve this dish by itself, over rice, or even on top of greens! Regardless, we’re sure you’ll love this Quick and Easy Lemon Garlic Foil Packet Shrimp! Time to get grilling!
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, coined
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into pats
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Extra-large heavy duty tin foil
- Turn the grill on to high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix shrimp, oil, garlic, mustard, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, add all vegetables, oil, and salt and pepper. Mix to coat.
- On a piece of extra-large heavy duty tin foil, add half of the vegetable mix and half of the shrimp. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the shrimp marinade (from the bottom of the bowl). Top with 2 pats of butter.
- Seal the foil packet by folding the packet edges together horizontally. Then tightly fold the sides up to form a seal.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for remaining vegetables and shrimp.
- Once the barbecue is up to temperature, place foil packets on the grill.
- Let cook for 10-15 minutes (length will depend on size of the vegetables and shrimp). Begin checking for doneness around the 10 minute mark.
- When fully cooked, remove from grill. Serve hot by itself or on rice!
One of the best parts about summer is deliciously grilled meals straight from the barbecue.
As someone who now eats a mostly plant-based diet, I've found myself stumped on how to enjoy BBQ meals this summer.
These past few months, life has been flying by faster than usual. I make it home in time to whip up something quick for supper and...
One of the hardest things about cooking for little people is trying to figure great meal options the kids in your life will...
Whether you're a seasoned Keto dieter or completely new to the whole diet regime you know sticking to a diet can be difficult...
Let's face it, we all live busy lives and with those busy nights come stressful dinner times.
I'd like to personally thank whoever invented the idea of mug recipes.
When adopting a new diet it can be hard to follow through unless you have a support system.
Not everyone can be a Pinterest-level chef when it comes to celebrations and holidays. But we can try!
Thanksgiving preparation can be both exciting and exhausting. This lovely holiday is a chance for us to share a meal with those we...
So you're on a low-carb diet, and the first thing you're struggling with is breakfast.
Black Friday is quickly approaching! Along with Thanksgiving prep, many of us are eagerly scouting the flyers and websites for the...