To me, summer and grilling are synonymous. By that, I mean my husband, grilling, and summer are synonymous because I have yet to learn how to barbeque anything substantial by myself. That’s exactly what makes these lemon garlic shrimp and vegetables foil packets so dang good! You mix everything up in a bowl (if you’ve got a big enough bowl, you can put it all into one), dump it onto heavy duty tin foil, fold it up, and throw it on the barbecue. Not only is it a fast meal, it really doesn’t require any grilling skill! If you can turn the grill on, you can make this dish perfectly.
It’s a healthier option with low carb vegetables and lean shrimp that has all the light summer flavors we crave during these hot months. It’s simple enough that you can whip it up for a quick weeknight family meal, but flavorful enough to serve if you’re hosting. Serve this dish by itself, over rice, or even on top of greens! Regardless, we’re sure you’ll love this Quick and Easy Lemon Garlic Foil Packet Shrimp! Time to get grilling!
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, coined
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into pats
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Extra-large heavy duty tin foil
- Turn the grill on to high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix shrimp, oil, garlic, mustard, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, add all vegetables, oil, and salt and pepper. Mix to coat.
- On a piece of extra-large heavy duty tin foil, add half of the vegetable mix and half of the shrimp. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the shrimp marinade (from the bottom of the bowl). Top with 2 pats of butter.
- Seal the foil packet by folding the packet edges together horizontally. Then tightly fold the sides up to form a seal.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for remaining vegetables and shrimp.
- Once the barbecue is up to temperature, place foil packets on the grill.
- Let cook for 10-15 minutes (length will depend on size of the vegetables and shrimp). Begin checking for doneness around the 10 minute mark.
- When fully cooked, remove from grill. Serve hot by itself or on rice!
Barbeque sauce is a summer staple, but it's a hard one to get around if you're on the Keto diet since it's generally packed full...
As someone who now eats a mostly plant-based diet, I've found myself stumped on how to enjoy BBQ meals this summer.
One of the best parts about summer is deliciously grilled meals straight from the barbecue.
Not everyone can be a Pinterest-level chef when it comes to celebrations and holidays. But we can try!
Like many other holidays, Halloween is a chance to go all out! This extends to decorating the house, creating extraordinary...
Thanksgiving preparation can be both exciting and exhausting. This lovely holiday is a chance for us to share a meal with those we...
Quesadillas are such an underrated meal! They're simple, delicious, inexpensive, and kid and adult friendly.
The Instant Pot is the most sought after kitchen gadget right now, and for good reason!
When I'm asked what my favorite meal is, I'm always debating between breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Whole30 is an eating plan that can actually become a lifestyle depending on how you approach it.
If you grew up with a pressure cooker in your household, you may have mainly made rice and soup in it!
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...