There are many foods you have to limit or give up when you’re on the ketogenic diet in order to stay within your daily carb allowance. But decadent chocolatey cheesecake doesn’t have to be one of them! In fact, with the rich cream cheese, full fat sour cream, and (we recommend grass-fed) butter, this dessert-for-two is a perfect fit for those working to keep their bodies in ketosis.
As if this sweet treat wasn’t good enough already, it completely no-bake! All you need is a few minutes in the fridge to harden and it’s ready to enjoy. If you’re looking for a small serving to squash a craving instead of a full-on dessert, try making bite-sized versions by piping the mousse onto a lined baking tray or into mini silicone muffin liners before freezing. Then when that craving hits you hard, you can simply pull out a mini chocolate mousse instead of dissolving into a non-keto snack frenzy. You’re welcome.
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tsp + 3 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp + 3 tbsp monk fruit sweetener or xylitol
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/3 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Shaved sugar-free dark chocolate (optional)
- Lightly toast ground almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden and fragrant. Be careful not to burn it!
- In a small bowl combine toasted ground almonds, 2 tsp of cocoa, 2 tsp of sweetener, salt and melted butter. Mix well.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a small serving bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat sour cream with electric mixer until whipped (roughly 3 minutes). Add cream cheese, butter, almond extract, remaining sweetener, and remaining cocoa powder. Beat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pipe or spoon cheesecake mixture onto the crust lined bowl. Top with shaved sugar-free dark chocolate if desired. Refrigerate for roughly 1 hour until firm. Enjoy chilled!
Recently I tried the Keto diet for myself (not sure what this is? read more about it HERE).
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
Fruit cobbler is a delicious, light dessert that is best enjoyed warm, gooey, and straight from the oven!
If you live by the motto "bacon makes everything better!" then you'll be happy to know bacon is great and commonly found in...
There's no denying that jalapeño poppers are a fan-favorite appetizer!
Avocados are well known for their creamy texture and great health benefits.
Sheet pan dinners are the answer to all your weekday dinner problems.
I'm a bit of a subscription box junkie. Meaning, I've been around the block a few times and had my fair share of these...
Following a new diet on your own can be hard, especially when you don't have a team of support systems at home following the diet...
I'm all about grilling in the summertime! In fact, we make most of our meals on the barbecue when the weather cooperates.
When adopting a new diet it can be hard to follow through unless you have a support system.
Snacking is the sneakiest culprit in derailing your diet. One bite here and one bite there seems innocent enough until the day...