There are many foods you have to limit or give up when you’re on the ketogenic diet in order to stay within your daily carb allowance. But decadent chocolatey cheesecake doesn’t have to be one of them! In fact, with the rich cream cheese, full fat sour cream, and (we recommend grass-fed) butter, this dessert-for-two is a perfect fit for those working to keep their bodies in ketosis.
As if this sweet treat wasn’t good enough already, it completely no-bake! All you need is a few minutes in the fridge to harden and it’s ready to enjoy. If you’re looking for a small serving to squash a craving instead of a full-on dessert, try making bite-sized versions by piping the mousse onto a lined baking tray or into mini silicone muffin liners before freezing. Then when that craving hits you hard, you can simply pull out a mini chocolate mousse instead of dissolving into a non-keto snack frenzy. You’re welcome.
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tsp + 3 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp + 3 tbsp monk fruit sweetener or xylitol
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/3 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Shaved sugar-free dark chocolate (optional)
- Lightly toast ground almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden and fragrant. Be careful not to burn it!
- In a small bowl combine toasted ground almonds, 2 tsp of cocoa, 2 tsp of sweetener, salt and melted butter. Mix well.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a small serving bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat sour cream with electric mixer until whipped (roughly 3 minutes). Add cream cheese, butter, almond extract, remaining sweetener, and remaining cocoa powder. Beat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pipe or spoon cheesecake mixture onto the crust lined bowl. Top with shaved sugar-free dark chocolate if desired. Refrigerate for roughly 1 hour until firm. Enjoy chilled!
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
Who doesn't love a good potluck? They're the best because it often means that there will be loads of food and a wonderful variety...
Starting a new diet isn't the hard part but being consistent and dedicated is!
Egg rolls are delicious, let's be honest. But they're crazy unhealthy because they're usually deep fried in those little wrappers!
Many of us start our day with a trip to Starbucks and fuel our day with a cup of coffee.
These Big Mac Bites are absolutely drool-worthy and the Copycat Big Mac Sauce is spot on - you wouldn't even know it didn't come...
Bulletproof coffee is huge in the Keto Diet community, but it actually has benefits for everyone regardless of whether you're on a...
Whether you’ve been on the Ketogenic diet for a while now or are new to it, you’ve likely struggled with snacks.
What is your biggest challenge when you start a new diet? For me, it's sugar. Forget the deep fried food - I can skip that.
Is anybody else obsessed with Heluva Good Dip? I'm seriously addicted.
Summer is in full swing and what better way to celebrate the warm weather than to dig into delicious food!
Diets can be so hard to follow especially when strong cravings hit.