Hallowe’en is a time for spooky, silly, imaginative fun. That doesn’t just mean costumes and candy, either. A quick and easy dinner that goes with the theme is exactly what your littles will want and need before they go barrelling out the door anxious to collect sweets from all the neighbors.
This recipe will have them delighted with a quick and easy dinner made in under 15 minutes!
Let the Hallowe’en hustle out the door begin, with some Mummy Dogs!
- 1 pkg crescent roll dough
- 1 pkg hot dogs (6)
- 12 green olive slices
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Pastry brush
- Parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Sharp knife
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out your crescent roll dough, and pinch together the pre-cut lines to make one large sheet of dough.
- With a knife, slice the dough into long strips. Use the strips to wrap the unpackaged hot dogs, leaving a gap for the "face" of the mummy.
- Place sliced olives as the "eyes" of each mummy.
- Brush each mummy with melted butter and bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool slighly before enjoying, with ketchup!!
So as a mom of 3 school-aged children you can probably guess that the word "SLIME" has become part of our regular vocabulary.
Halloween is our favorite holiday here at Half Hour Meals. Spooky costumes with sweet treats only comes around once a year.
The leaves on the trees are turning colored and the wind now has a brisk edge. This can only mean one thing- Halloween is coming!
It's a spooky time of year but with some sweet treats. Halloween parties are a great way for parents and adults to get in the...
We love Halloween but it can be a very unhealthy time of year. It seems that everything is covered in chocolate and sprinkles and...
Halloween is a great time for children. They get to dress up as superheros, fairy princess, or what ever they like.
Halloween is a great time to go all out with decorations, costumes, and of course food!
Halloween is almost here! People are putting the final touches on their kids costumes and prepping food for their Halloween...
Halloween is ripe for tricking. But let’s face it, what everyone really looks forward too are the treats.
In the weeks leading up to my favorite holiday, Halloween, I like to add some spine-tingling fun to the appetizers, entrees, and...
When it comes to trick or treats—we all choose treats! However, if the thought of your little monsters eating handfuls of...
During the week prior to Halloween, we like to scare up some serious grub in my household, but we do so with the festive feel of...