It’s that time of year when we ditch the elegant and cute desserts, for something a little more…gory.
Here’s the thing with edible blood… you can drizzle it on almost anything, and it makes it creepy immediately.
We were able to make THREE different Hallowe’en desserts by making one batch of edible blood, and drizzling and splattering our little hearts out over store-bought pre-made sweets such a donuts, cupcakes and cheesecake.
If you love themed party planning and treats, but lack the time or energy to make something from scratch, this is a perfect bloody middle ground that everyone will love!
- 1 cup corn syrup (clear)
- No-Taste Red Food Coloring Gel
- Blue Food Coloring Gel
- 1/4-1/2 cup Corn starch
- Desserts to drizzle onto!
- Starting with your corn syrup, add in some food coloring gel, using about 1/3 blue to 2/3 red (plain red comes off too pink, adding in the blue gives it that true blood appearance and richness).
- Mix until the colors are blended into the corn syrup, and begin adding your cornstarch about 1 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached. We used about 1/4 cup, but could add more if we wanted it to be thicker.
- Continue to add more food coloring gel until you are satisfied with your bloody, gory drizzle.
- Drizzle your edible blood over any desserts you choose. For the donuts we did - add some fake teeth to the centre before drizzling for an extra spooky factor.
It's a spooky time of year but with some sweet treats. Halloween parties are a great way for parents and adults to get in the...
Halloween, a time to delight in all things gross, creepy, scary and spooky - and then lace that with a gallon of sugar.
It's getting chilly and the leaves are turning colors. That can only mean one thing- Halloween is coming!
The most wonderful thing about children is the pure excitement for just about everything!
Halloween is all about the treats, because let’s face it, without them you’re just dressing up in weird clothing and creepily...
Drinks are often the most last minute, and sometimes forgotten element of a party.
In its essence, Halloween is about all things creepy, eerie and evil.
While it may be a pure shock to some, it IS possible to have an abundance of miniature sized candy bars just taking up space in...
I grew up with an amazing Mother who would do everything with themes. From birthday gifts, to seasonal decor, and even meals.
Halloween is the perfect time for parties. It is a chance to dress up in a ridiculous costume and just have fun.
Hallowe'en is a time for spooky, silly, imaginative fun. That doesn't just mean costumes and candy, either.
Halloween is almost here! People are putting the final touches on their kids costumes and prepping food for their Halloween...