It’s that time of year when we ditch the elegant and cute desserts, for something a little more…gory.
Here’s the thing with edible blood… you can drizzle it on almost anything, and it makes it creepy immediately.
We were able to make THREE different Hallowe’en desserts by making one batch of edible blood, and drizzling and splattering our little hearts out over store-bought pre-made sweets such a donuts, cupcakes and cheesecake.
If you love themed party planning and treats, but lack the time or energy to make something from scratch, this is a perfect bloody middle ground that everyone will love!
- 1 cup corn syrup (clear)
- No-Taste Red Food Coloring Gel
- Blue Food Coloring Gel
- 1/4-1/2 cup Corn starch
- Desserts to drizzle onto!
- Starting with your corn syrup, add in some food coloring gel, using about 1/3 blue to 2/3 red (plain red comes off too pink, adding in the blue gives it that true blood appearance and richness).
- Mix until the colors are blended into the corn syrup, and begin adding your cornstarch about 1 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached. We used about 1/4 cup, but could add more if we wanted it to be thicker.
- Continue to add more food coloring gel until you are satisfied with your bloody, gory drizzle.
- Drizzle your edible blood over any desserts you choose. For the donuts we did - add some fake teeth to the centre before drizzling for an extra spooky factor.
Halloween, a time to delight in all things gross, creepy, scary and spooky - and then lace that with a gallon of sugar.
It's a spooky time of year but with some sweet treats. Halloween parties are a great way for parents and adults to get in the...
Halloween is a great time to go all out with decorations, costumes, and of course food!
Halloween is all about the treats, because let’s face it, without them you’re just dressing up in weird clothing and creepily...
Drinks are often the most last minute, and sometimes forgotten element of a party.
It starts to get dark pretty early when October rolls around, and by October 31st (aka Halloween) you're hard pressed to get a...
While it may be a pure shock to some, it IS possible to have an abundance of miniature sized candy bars just taking up space in...
I grew up with an amazing Mother who would do everything with themes. From birthday gifts, to seasonal decor, and even meals.
Tonight is Halloween! Send your little ones off for trick or treating with a good meal.
Hallowe'en is a time for spooky, silly, imaginative fun. That doesn't just mean costumes and candy, either.
There’s nothing better than a new season that brings about all your childhood favorites and those mild food addictions that come...
So as a mom of 3 school-aged children you can probably guess that the word "SLIME" has become part of our regular vocabulary.