It’s that time of year when we ditch the elegant and cute desserts, for something a little more…gory.
Here’s the thing with edible blood… you can drizzle it on almost anything, and it makes it creepy immediately.
We were able to make THREE different Hallowe’en desserts by making one batch of edible blood, and drizzling and splattering our little hearts out over store-bought pre-made sweets such a donuts, cupcakes and cheesecake.
If you love themed party planning and treats, but lack the time or energy to make something from scratch, this is a perfect bloody middle ground that everyone will love!
- 1 cup corn syrup (clear)
- No-Taste Red Food Coloring Gel
- Blue Food Coloring Gel
- 1/4-1/2 cup Corn starch
- Desserts to drizzle onto!
- Starting with your corn syrup, add in some food coloring gel, using about 1/3 blue to 2/3 red (plain red comes off too pink, adding in the blue gives it that true blood appearance and richness).
- Mix until the colors are blended into the corn syrup, and begin adding your cornstarch about 1 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached. We used about 1/4 cup, but could add more if we wanted it to be thicker.
- Continue to add more food coloring gel until you are satisfied with your bloody, gory drizzle.
- Drizzle your edible blood over any desserts you choose. For the donuts we did - add some fake teeth to the centre before drizzling for an extra spooky factor.
It's a spooky time of year but with some sweet treats. Halloween parties are a great way for parents and adults to get in the...
Halloween, a time to delight in all things gross, creepy, scary and spooky - and then lace that with a gallon of sugar.
When Halloween comes, people are divided into two groups- those that love candy, and those that want to spoil it for the rest of...
Halloween is a great time for children. They get to dress up as superheros, fairy princess, or what ever they like.
Halloween is a great time to go all out with decorations, costumes, and of course food!
Halloween is almost here! People are putting the final touches on their kids costumes and prepping food for their Halloween...
Drinks are often the most last minute, and sometimes forgotten element of a party.
It starts to get dark pretty early when October rolls around, and by October 31st (aka Halloween) you're hard pressed to get a...
Tonight is Halloween! Send your little ones off for trick or treating with a good meal.
Halloween is a great time to have the excuse to do what you love - dressing up your pet hilariously.
Halloween is an exciting holiday because you can really go all out.
Halloween is the one time of year where no matter what age you are, you can dress up, indulge in some candy and feel like a kid...