It’s that time of year when we ditch the elegant and cute desserts, for something a little more…gory.
Here’s the thing with edible blood… you can drizzle it on almost anything, and it makes it creepy immediately.
We were able to make THREE different Hallowe’en desserts by making one batch of edible blood, and drizzling and splattering our little hearts out over store-bought pre-made sweets such a donuts, cupcakes and cheesecake.
If you love themed party planning and treats, but lack the time or energy to make something from scratch, this is a perfect bloody middle ground that everyone will love!
- 1 cup corn syrup (clear)
- No-Taste Red Food Coloring Gel
- Blue Food Coloring Gel
- 1/4-1/2 cup Corn starch
- Desserts to drizzle onto!
- Starting with your corn syrup, add in some food coloring gel, using about 1/3 blue to 2/3 red (plain red comes off too pink, adding in the blue gives it that true blood appearance and richness).
- Mix until the colors are blended into the corn syrup, and begin adding your cornstarch about 1 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached. We used about 1/4 cup, but could add more if we wanted it to be thicker.
- Continue to add more food coloring gel until you are satisfied with your bloody, gory drizzle.
- Drizzle your edible blood over any desserts you choose. For the donuts we did - add some fake teeth to the centre before drizzling for an extra spooky factor.
Halloween, a time to delight in all things gross, creepy, scary and spooky - and then lace that with a gallon of sugar.
It's a spooky time of year but with some sweet treats. Halloween parties are a great way for parents and adults to get in the...
We love Halloween but it can be a very unhealthy time of year. It seems that everything is covered in chocolate and sprinkles and...
It's getting chilly and the leaves are turning colors. That can only mean one thing- Halloween is coming!
Halloween is a great time to go all out with decorations, costumes, and of course food!
We love making themed foods and Halloween is a great time for some spooky cooking.
Halloween is ripe for tricking. But let’s face it, what everyone really looks forward too are the treats.
If you’re on a diet, Halloween is a scary holiday. Not only is it jam packed with sugary treats all day today, many of those...
In the weeks leading up to my favorite holiday, Halloween, I like to add some spine-tingling fun to the appetizers, entrees, and...
During the week prior to Halloween, we like to scare up some serious grub in my household, but we do so with the festive feel of...
If you’re like me, Halloween is your favorite time of year. From homemade decorations to frightfully delicious candy treats—I...
There’s nothing better than a new season that brings about all your childhood favorites and those mild food addictions that come...