Rice Krispies treats are a classic homemade recipe, most often because they’re incredibly simple and easy to make. They’re the perfect last minute snack or dessert since they can be cooked on the stove top and served nearly immediately. This recipe takes that classic, and gives it a monster sugar-coated twist. Don’t expect these friendly monsters to last in your for kitchen long before tiny hands scoop these googly eyed dudes up, right off the counter!
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Neon food coloring
- Colored Sugar
- Eyeball Candy
- Gummy Teeth
- Licorice Laces
- Heavy pot
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Bring pot to a medium heat on the stovetop, add butter and begin to melt.
- Next, add 5 cups of the mini-marshmallows leaving 3 cups aside.
- Stir continuously on the stovetop until the marshmallows and butter have melted and evenly combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide the the melted marshmallow mixture into 3 bowls.
- Add different food coloring colors to each bowl, and mix until a desired color is achieved.
- Add 2 cups of rice krispies and 1 cup of un-melted mini-marshmallows to each bowl, and mix until all of the rice krispies are coated and binding together.
- Greasing your hands, pick up a small handful of rice krispie mixture, and roll into an uneven ball, and then roll into the matching colored sugar.
- Place ball on parchment lined cookie sheet. Add any candy eyes, gummies or licorice lace to decorate.
- Continue until you have used up all your mixtures in each color, making an array of monster designs in 3 different colors.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
Sweet potatoes are definitely an all-year-round vegetable to enjoy, but somehow it's just much more popular in the fall and winter...
The Super Bowl is that time of year when people gather together to cheer, laugh, cry and dance to the halftime show.
When it comes to brownies, it's rare to find someone that can resist them.
Who doesn't love a rich, chocolatey, gooey brownie?! They're delicious and comforting and great with a bowl of vegan ice cream.
Gummy bears + wine. To know them is to love them - and to make them at home is something you might not realize is as easy as it...
The Forkly countdown is on for Easter today with 20 treats for kids!
Loving your life on the Keto diet, but desperately missing the sweet life?
St. Patrick's Day is over and Easter is just around the corner. There's no better time than now to start planning your cool and...
When it comes to sticking to your diet, your macros or your calorie intake goals, there's one common thing that many people...
Valentine's Day is just a few weeks away and we have some amazing food ideas to make this V-day unique and special for your...
Vegan baking sounds tricky - how do you make things delicious, bind well, and come out not being noticeably different?
Growing up in the 80’s, money cakes were a regular birthday occurrence for us.