Rice Krispies treats are a classic homemade recipe, most often because they’re incredibly simple and easy to make. They’re the perfect last minute snack or dessert since they can be cooked on the stove top and served nearly immediately. This recipe takes that classic, and gives it a monster sugar-coated twist. Don’t expect these friendly monsters to last in your for kitchen long before tiny hands scoop these googly eyed dudes up, right off the counter!
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Neon food coloring
- Colored Sugar
- Eyeball Candy
- Gummy Teeth
- Licorice Laces
- Heavy pot
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Bring pot to a medium heat on the stovetop, add butter and begin to melt.
- Next, add 5 cups of the mini-marshmallows leaving 3 cups aside.
- Stir continuously on the stovetop until the marshmallows and butter have melted and evenly combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide the the melted marshmallow mixture into 3 bowls.
- Add different food coloring colors to each bowl, and mix until a desired color is achieved.
- Add 2 cups of rice krispies and 1 cup of un-melted mini-marshmallows to each bowl, and mix until all of the rice krispies are coated and binding together.
- Greasing your hands, pick up a small handful of rice krispie mixture, and roll into an uneven ball, and then roll into the matching colored sugar.
- Place ball on parchment lined cookie sheet. Add any candy eyes, gummies or licorice lace to decorate.
- Continue until you have used up all your mixtures in each color, making an array of monster designs in 3 different colors.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
Spring has sprung and Easter is right around the corner! Whether it's a cute treat for your kiddo's class, an office potluck, or...
Apple picking season is upon us so be sure to make the best of this fun fall activity.
The holidays are a busy time of year, between hosting guests, planning a dinner, and catering to everyone's needs it can get...
Crispy bacon is especially enjoyed for breakfast but it has quickly made its way into every meal of the day!
Committing to the keto diet requires hard work and dedication, especially if you want to remain in ketosis.
The paleolithic diet, also known as the paleo diet, the caveman diet, or the stone-age diet is a meal plan that predominately...
One of the best things about Christmas (aside from spending time with those you love of course) is being able to dig into...
The holiday season is upon us and with that comes many holiday parties!
You can never go wrong with buttery flaky crescent rolls but did you know a tube of crescent roll dough can be so much more than...
Halloween candy steals the spotlight on this spooky holiday but there are an abundance of other fun treats you can enjoy too!
Kitchen gadgets are getting more and more impressive every year. The Instant Pot has been the most sought after kitchen appliance...
Parties happen all year round and instead of taking on the task of cooking for a crowd, make your next party a potluck party!