Rice Krispies treats are a classic homemade recipe, most often because they’re incredibly simple and easy to make. They’re the perfect last minute snack or dessert since they can be cooked on the stove top and served nearly immediately. This recipe takes that classic, and gives it a monster sugar-coated twist. Don’t expect these friendly monsters to last in your for kitchen long before tiny hands scoop these googly eyed dudes up, right off the counter!
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Neon food coloring
- Colored Sugar
- Eyeball Candy
- Gummy Teeth
- Licorice Laces
- Heavy pot
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Bring pot to a medium heat on the stovetop, add butter and begin to melt.
- Next, add 5 cups of the mini-marshmallows leaving 3 cups aside.
- Stir continuously on the stovetop until the marshmallows and butter have melted and evenly combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide the the melted marshmallow mixture into 3 bowls.
- Add different food coloring colors to each bowl, and mix until a desired color is achieved.
- Add 2 cups of rice krispies and 1 cup of un-melted mini-marshmallows to each bowl, and mix until all of the rice krispies are coated and binding together.
- Greasing your hands, pick up a small handful of rice krispie mixture, and roll into an uneven ball, and then roll into the matching colored sugar.
- Place ball on parchment lined cookie sheet. Add any candy eyes, gummies or licorice lace to decorate.
- Continue until you have used up all your mixtures in each color, making an array of monster designs in 3 different colors.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
Those who suffer from diverticulitis understand the utter pain and annoyance it can bring.
Who doesn't love a good potluck? They're the best because it often means that there will be loads of food and a wonderful variety...
Starting a new diet isn't the hard part but being consistent and dedicated is!
Cinnamon buns are perhaps one of the most beloved baked goods of all time.
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
When I dip, you dip, we dip! Chips that is. I'm a sucker for a good chip and dip combo whether it's a Friday night movie in or I'm...
The Fourth of July is just around the corner and that means you're probably starting to plan your menu!
Whether you’ve been on the Ketogenic diet for a while now or are new to it, you’ve likely struggled with snacks.
Staying on track with your diet during any holiday can be extremely difficult.
Is anybody else obsessed with Heluva Good Dip? I'm seriously addicted.
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...