Rice Krispies treats are a classic homemade recipe, most often because they’re incredibly simple and easy to make. They’re the perfect last minute snack or dessert since they can be cooked on the stove top and served nearly immediately. This recipe takes that classic, and gives it a monster sugar-coated twist. Don’t expect these friendly monsters to last in your for kitchen long before tiny hands scoop these googly eyed dudes up, right off the counter!
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Neon food coloring
- Colored Sugar
- Eyeball Candy
- Gummy Teeth
- Licorice Laces
- Heavy pot
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Bring pot to a medium heat on the stovetop, add butter and begin to melt.
- Next, add 5 cups of the mini-marshmallows leaving 3 cups aside.
- Stir continuously on the stovetop until the marshmallows and butter have melted and evenly combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide the the melted marshmallow mixture into 3 bowls.
- Add different food coloring colors to each bowl, and mix until a desired color is achieved.
- Add 2 cups of rice krispies and 1 cup of un-melted mini-marshmallows to each bowl, and mix until all of the rice krispies are coated and binding together.
- Greasing your hands, pick up a small handful of rice krispie mixture, and roll into an uneven ball, and then roll into the matching colored sugar.
- Place ball on parchment lined cookie sheet. Add any candy eyes, gummies or licorice lace to decorate.
- Continue until you have used up all your mixtures in each color, making an array of monster designs in 3 different colors.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
Fruit cobbler is a delicious, light dessert that is best enjoyed warm, gooey, and straight from the oven!
St. Patrick's Day is over and Easter is just around the corner. There's no better time than now to start planning your cool and...
Whether you're a seasoned Ketogenic dieter, or new to the game, you've likely struggled with one major thing - SNACKS.
Is there anything better than biting into a warm gooey piece of banana bread? I don't think so.
It's officially Spring weather and we're ready to trade our heavy comfort foods for light and bright flavors (even if this recipe...
Although Mother's really should be pampered every day for all they do, dedicating this special day for them is very important.
Who doesn't love a good potluck? They're the best because it often means that there will be loads of food and a wonderful variety...
Starting a new diet isn't the hard part but being consistent and dedicated is!
These Big Mac Bites are absolutely drool-worthy and the Copycat Big Mac Sauce is spot on - you wouldn't even know it didn't come...
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Whether you have volunteered or were voluntold, taking on the task of a bridal shower can be both fun and stressful.