Not everyone can be a Pinterest-level chef when it comes to celebrations and holidays. But we can try! Or we can accept fate and choose a recipe that is easy and no-fail. If that’s the type of homemade treat you’re looking for this Halloween, then look no further. With just three ingredients, you can whip up these spooky pretzel spiderwebs in no time.
This simple treat is as delicious as it is cute! They’re perfect to send for your child’s school Halloween party or to enjoy as a spooky snack before you head out to trick or treat. Everyone young and old will enjoy each and every sweet and salty bite! So head out to your local bulk store, grab those three inexpensive ingredients and get cooking! Just kidding – you only need the microwave, so there’s no way this could wrong.
- Pretzel sticks (approximately 12 per web)
- 2 cups white chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate candy melts
- 10 gummy spiders
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheets
- Place candy melts in separate microwave-safe bowls. Microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until completely melted (about 60 seconds). Be careful to not overheat or they will burn.
- Put a dab of the white chocolate candy melts on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Place pretzel sticks (about 12) in a fan shape with one end in the chocolate until you've got a full circle.
- Drizzle 2 spoonfuls of white chocolate on top of the pretzel "fan" in a circular motion to achieve the "web" look.
- Using a fork, drizzle a very small amount of dark chocolate on top of the web in a circular motion (if desired).
- Place a gummy spider candy somewhere on the web, adding a small amount of extra chocolate to make it stick if necessary.
- Let harden, putting them in the refrigerator if you want them to harden faster.
- Carefully pull the webs off of the parchment paper and enjoy!
Halloween candy steals the spotlight on this spooky holiday but there are an abundance of other fun treats you can enjoy too!
Spooky season is here and it's time go all out for this fun holiday.
Halloween season is upon us and to get you in the spirit DoorDash, America's largest door-to-door food delivery service, is...
Halloween is all about the treats, because let’s face it, without them you’re just dressing up in weird clothing and creepily...
Halloween, a time to delight in all things gross, creepy, scary and spooky - and then lace that with a gallon of sugar.
The most wonderful thing about children is the pure excitement for just about everything!
Halloween is almost here! People are putting the final touches on their kids costumes and prepping food for their Halloween...
Halloween is a great time to go all out with decorations, costumes, and of course food!
It's getting chilly and the leaves are turning colors. That can only mean one thing- Halloween is coming!
We love Halloween but it can be a very unhealthy time of year. It seems that everything is covered in chocolate and sprinkles and...
It's a spooky time of year but with some sweet treats. Halloween parties are a great way for parents and adults to get in the...
When Halloween comes, people are divided into two groups- those that love candy, and those that want to spoil it for the rest of...