Forget the prepackaged hard pastry from your childhood! Create a copycat version of the Pop Tart, but homemade, and MINI (because everything is cuter in miniatures).
- 1 Pre-made Rollout Pie Crust Dough
- 1/4 cup Jam/Jelly of choice (strawberry used here)
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Pizza Cutter
- Baking Sheet Lined With Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer, Whisk or Fork
- Piping Bag/Ziploc Bag
- Small Knife
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out your pie dough, and with a pizza cutter cut into small rectangles. Remove any excess pie dough.
- Using a piping bag, or a ziploc bag, place about 1/4 cup of jam or jelly of choice into the bag, and snip the corner.
- Pipe the jam into 1/2 of the pie dough rectangles, then top them with the other half.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges of each Pop Tart gently to seal.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in your preheated oven, or until browned. Remove and let cool.
- While your Pop Tarts are cooling, take a mixing bowl with 1 cup of icing sugar and begin adding and mixing in a teaspoon of milk at a time. this can be done with a fork or a hand mixer. You want to reach a thick glaze consistency.
- Glaze and sprinkle your Pop Tarts once entirely cooled, and serve!
Sweet potatoes are definitely an all-year-round vegetable to enjoy, but somehow it's just much more popular in the fall and winter...
Valentine's Day is just a few weeks away and we have some amazing food ideas to make this V-day unique and special for your...
The Super Bowl is that time of year when people gather together to cheer, laugh, cry and dance to the halftime show.
I love baking sugar cookies with my kids, however - it's always such a process between all the dough making, the rolling out,...
Who doesn't love a rich, chocolatey, gooey brownie?! They're delicious and comforting and great with a bowl of vegan ice cream.
Gummy bears + wine. To know them is to love them - and to make them at home is something you might not realize is as easy as it...
Making St. Patrick's Day fun for kids is a high priority for many parents.
Loving your life on the Keto diet, but desperately missing the sweet life?
St. Patrick's Day is over and Easter is just around the corner. There's no better time than now to start planning your cool and...
When it comes to sticking to your diet, your macros or your calorie intake goals, there's one common thing that many people...
Vegan baking sounds tricky - how do you make things delicious, bind well, and come out not being noticeably different?
Potato chips are well known to be America's most favorite snack food and are eaten at a rate of 1.2 billion pounds a year.