Forget the prepackaged hard pastry from your childhood! Create a copycat version of the Pop Tart, but homemade, and MINI (because everything is cuter in miniatures).
- 1 Pre-made Rollout Pie Crust Dough
- 1/4 cup Jam/Jelly of choice (strawberry used here)
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Pizza Cutter
- Baking Sheet Lined With Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer, Whisk or Fork
- Piping Bag/Ziploc Bag
- Small Knife
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out your pie dough, and with a pizza cutter cut into small rectangles. Remove any excess pie dough.
- Using a piping bag, or a ziploc bag, place about 1/4 cup of jam or jelly of choice into the bag, and snip the corner.
- Pipe the jam into 1/2 of the pie dough rectangles, then top them with the other half.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges of each Pop Tart gently to seal.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in your preheated oven, or until browned. Remove and let cool.
- While your Pop Tarts are cooling, take a mixing bowl with 1 cup of icing sugar and begin adding and mixing in a teaspoon of milk at a time. this can be done with a fork or a hand mixer. You want to reach a thick glaze consistency.
- Glaze and sprinkle your Pop Tarts once entirely cooled, and serve!
As part of my review of the Wolf Gourmet Multi-Function Cooker, I developed some recipes to test this amazing appliance out in...
Is there anything better than biting into a warm gooey piece of banana bread? I don't think so.
It's officially Spring weather and we're ready to trade our heavy comfort foods for light and bright flavors (even if this recipe...
Staying on track with your diet during any holiday can be extremely difficult.
Who doesn't love a good potluck? They're the best because it often means that there will be loads of food and a wonderful variety...
Starting a new diet isn't the hard part but being consistent and dedicated is!
Cinnamon buns are perhaps one of the most beloved baked goods of all time.
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Whether you have volunteered or were voluntold, taking on the task of a bridal shower can be both fun and stressful.
The Fourth of July is just around the corner and that means you're probably starting to plan your menu!
Whether you’ve been on the Ketogenic diet for a while now or are new to it, you’ve likely struggled with snacks.