Forget the prepackaged hard pastry from your childhood! Create a copycat version of the Pop Tart, but homemade, and MINI (because everything is cuter in miniatures).
- 1 Pre-made Rollout Pie Crust Dough
- 1/4 cup Jam/Jelly of choice (strawberry used here)
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Pizza Cutter
- Baking Sheet Lined With Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer, Whisk or Fork
- Piping Bag/Ziploc Bag
- Small Knife
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out your pie dough, and with a pizza cutter cut into small rectangles. Remove any excess pie dough.
- Using a piping bag, or a ziploc bag, place about 1/4 cup of jam or jelly of choice into the bag, and snip the corner.
- Pipe the jam into 1/2 of the pie dough rectangles, then top them with the other half.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges of each Pop Tart gently to seal.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in your preheated oven, or until browned. Remove and let cool.
- While your Pop Tarts are cooling, take a mixing bowl with 1 cup of icing sugar and begin adding and mixing in a teaspoon of milk at a time. this can be done with a fork or a hand mixer. You want to reach a thick glaze consistency.
- Glaze and sprinkle your Pop Tarts once entirely cooled, and serve!
Dessert is and has always been the highlight of any holiday dinner, and this year is no exception.
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
Snacks are sneaky foods that can derail our diets, especially when following the keto diet.
Summer is finally here and it's a hot one! The easiest way to cool down (besides living in front of the A/C unit) is a cold treat,...
There is a lot to look forward to in fall. For starters, the crisp air brings on beautiful changing leaves, apples are ready to be...
Following any diet alone can be hard but if you're able to encourage the entire family to participate you may be more inclined to...
When planning a Disney vacation it's important to plan a well thought out itinerary.
Spooky season is here and it's time go all out for this fun holiday.
Halloween candy steals the spotlight on this spooky holiday but there are an abundance of other fun treats you can enjoy too!
Apple picking season is upon us so be sure to make the best of this fun fall activity.
Every year families gather around the table, give thanks, and enjoy delicious food on the Thanksgiving holiday.
Crispy bacon is especially enjoyed for breakfast but it has quickly made its way into every meal of the day!