When we think of pumpkins we are often quick to bring our minds to fond memories of pies, lattes and carvings, right? But there’s more to pumpkins than just those things. Pumpkins, especially in a pureed form, are an incredible ingredient that is not to be overlooked.
Pumpkins are actually incredibly good for you. Pureed pumpkin packs a punch of Vitamin A & C, and is high in fibre and potassium and incredibly low calorie. When you can eat and make your heart happy, and stomach happy, you’re onto something sweet.
These “cookies” are the perfect breakfast balance. Not to sweet, not too heavy, and perfectly portable while being packed with nutrients your body will need to get the day started off right.
We love this recipe because it’s not only a good start to your day, but it’s dietary friendly for both gluten free and vegan lifestyles. It’s truly a “one size fits all” morning option.
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 packets of stevia (equal to 10-15 stevia drops)
- 1 tsp (or more) Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Toppings such as : Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), Dried Cranberries & Dark Chocolate Chips
- Parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Flat bottomed drinking glass
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all of the ingredients (minus the toppings) in a mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, create approx ball shapes and place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a flat-bottomed drinking glass, spray the bottom and press the cookies to flatten slightly, making it's cookie form.
- Top with the chosen toppings, and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool before enjoying!
Halloween is an exciting holiday because it's a chance to go all out without judgment.
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!