With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of mayo, and blended with some cajun seasonings came a deviled egg recipe that simply melds together the flavors of guacamole and traditional deviled eggs.
If you’re looking to bring something a little different to your next potluck, picnic or Easter dinner – give this recipe a try. We promise you won’t be bringing any leftovers home with you!
We chose to make our HARD BOILED EGGS in an Instant Pot.
Complete instructions on that HERE.
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 Ripe Medium Avocado, halved & pitted
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Paprika & Chopped Cilantro for garnish *optional*
- Mixing Bowl & Fork
- Piping Bag & Tip
- Begin by slicing all of your peeled, hard boiled eggs in half, and remove the yolks into a separate bowl. Set the shells aside.
- With a fork or whisk, mash the yolks, 1/2 the avocado, 1 tbsp of mayo, and your seasonings together. Then add the second half of the avocado & other tbsp of mayo. This should help blend it a little bit smoother.
- When smooth enough to pipe, scoop the avocado/egg mixture into a piping bag with a large mouthed tip. *If you don't have these, you can also simply spoon the mixture into the hard boiled egg shells*.
- Pipe the mixture into each shell, making 24 deviled eggs.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and some chopped cilantro. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
The keto lifestyle can be a crazy one to wrap your head around - where fat is good, and carbs are bad. Wait, fat is good?
When you're on the keto diet it means you get to indulge in fats but need to curbside the carbs.
If you live by the motto "bacon makes everything better!" then you'll be happy to know bacon is great and commonly found in...
Avocados are well known for their creamy texture and great health benefits.
There are many foods you have to limit or give up when you’re on the ketogenic diet in order to stay within your daily carb...
Earlier this month, we got to try out this incredible new kitchen gadget: the Multi-Function Cooker by Wolf Gourmet.
I'm a bit of a subscription box junkie. Meaning, I've been around the block a few times and had my fair share of these...
Following a new diet on your own can be hard, especially when you don't have a team of support systems at home following the diet...
I'm all about grilling in the summertime! In fact, we make most of our meals on the barbecue when the weather cooperates.
Following a new diet can be a serious struggle especially when strong cravings creep up.
Snacking is the sneakiest culprit in derailing your diet. One bite here and one bite there seems innocent enough until the day...
Chicken is widely popular because it's high in protein but low in calories and rich in essential vitamins.