With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of mayo, and blended with some cajun seasonings came a deviled egg recipe that simply melds together the flavors of guacamole and traditional deviled eggs.
If you’re looking to bring something a little different to your next potluck, picnic or Easter dinner – give this recipe a try. We promise you won’t be bringing any leftovers home with you!
We chose to make our HARD BOILED EGGS in an Instant Pot.
Complete instructions on that HERE.
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 Ripe Medium Avocado, halved & pitted
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Paprika & Chopped Cilantro for garnish *optional*
- Mixing Bowl & Fork
- Piping Bag & Tip
- Begin by slicing all of your peeled, hard boiled eggs in half, and remove the yolks into a separate bowl. Set the shells aside.
- With a fork or whisk, mash the yolks, 1/2 the avocado, 1 tbsp of mayo, and your seasonings together. Then add the second half of the avocado & other tbsp of mayo. This should help blend it a little bit smoother.
- When smooth enough to pipe, scoop the avocado/egg mixture into a piping bag with a large mouthed tip. *If you don't have these, you can also simply spoon the mixture into the hard boiled egg shells*.
- Pipe the mixture into each shell, making 24 deviled eggs.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and some chopped cilantro. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
If there's one clear message about the Ketogenic diet, it's that you need to avoid carbs...big time.
When adopting a new diet it can be hard to follow through unless you have a support system.
Snacking is the sneakiest culprit in derailing your diet. One bite here and one bite there seems innocent enough until the day...
Holidays are the hardest times of the year to stay on track with your diet.
Thanksgiving preparation is hard enough, add in dietary restrictions and then the level of complications keeps rising.
When it comes to a low-carb diet such as the ever-popular Ketogenic Diet (read more on that HERE).
While I don't love all vegetables, I am definitely up for trying new things (at least once).
A ketogenic diet is all about ensuring your meals are low carb, high fat and contain moderate protein.
If there's one type of food we can all get on board with, it's Mexican food!
Switching to any new diet can be difficult. Often, you're forced to give up the foods you love but I believe the key to success is...
Holidays are great because they generally mean you get to spend more quality time with friends and family and feast on delicious...
Many people are experiencing success on the Ketogenic diet and making swaps in their diet to follow it closely.