With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of mayo, and blended with some cajun seasonings came a deviled egg recipe that simply melds together the flavors of guacamole and traditional deviled eggs.
If you’re looking to bring something a little different to your next potluck, picnic or Easter dinner – give this recipe a try. We promise you won’t be bringing any leftovers home with you!
We chose to make our HARD BOILED EGGS in an Instant Pot.
Complete instructions on that HERE.
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 Ripe Medium Avocado, halved & pitted
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Paprika & Chopped Cilantro for garnish *optional*
- Mixing Bowl & Fork
- Piping Bag & Tip
- Begin by slicing all of your peeled, hard boiled eggs in half, and remove the yolks into a separate bowl. Set the shells aside.
- With a fork or whisk, mash the yolks, 1/2 the avocado, 1 tbsp of mayo, and your seasonings together. Then add the second half of the avocado & other tbsp of mayo. This should help blend it a little bit smoother.
- When smooth enough to pipe, scoop the avocado/egg mixture into a piping bag with a large mouthed tip. *If you don't have these, you can also simply spoon the mixture into the hard boiled egg shells*.
- Pipe the mixture into each shell, making 24 deviled eggs.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and some chopped cilantro. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
When it comes to a low-carb diet such as the ever-popular Ketogenic Diet (read more on that HERE).
Vegan baking sounds tricky - how do you make things delicious, bind well, and come out not being noticeably different?
Loving your life on the Keto diet, but desperately missing the sweet life?
One of the main Ketogenic Diet essential foods is eggs. Rich in protein and the fats you need to keep fueled, it's no wonder...
Trying out the Keto diet? Finding ways to eat enough fat to keep your diet sustainable can be difficult without consuming some...
What many thought would be another fad diet, is showing some major signs of sticking around. Why is that exactly?
By this point you've probably been hearing that buzzword around your neighborhood, family, social media or workplace - "keto".
So you're on a low-carb diet, and the first thing you're struggling with is breakfast.
The ketogenic diet may sound complicated, but it's actually quite simple.
It's no surprise that chicken breast is such a popular dinner choice for so many families.
Are you trying out the Ketogenic diet this summer? It can definitely contribute to losing weight while allowing you to eat a wide...
One-pan dinners are the weeknight's bread and butter of success. They are easy, time saving, dish saving, sanity saving.