With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of mayo, and blended with some cajun seasonings came a deviled egg recipe that simply melds together the flavors of guacamole and traditional deviled eggs.
If you’re looking to bring something a little different to your next potluck, picnic or Easter dinner – give this recipe a try. We promise you won’t be bringing any leftovers home with you!
We chose to make our HARD BOILED EGGS in an Instant Pot.
Complete instructions on that HERE.
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 Ripe Medium Avocado, halved & pitted
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Paprika & Chopped Cilantro for garnish *optional*
- Mixing Bowl & Fork
- Piping Bag & Tip
- Begin by slicing all of your peeled, hard boiled eggs in half, and remove the yolks into a separate bowl. Set the shells aside.
- With a fork or whisk, mash the yolks, 1/2 the avocado, 1 tbsp of mayo, and your seasonings together. Then add the second half of the avocado & other tbsp of mayo. This should help blend it a little bit smoother.
- When smooth enough to pipe, scoop the avocado/egg mixture into a piping bag with a large mouthed tip. *If you don't have these, you can also simply spoon the mixture into the hard boiled egg shells*.
- Pipe the mixture into each shell, making 24 deviled eggs.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and some chopped cilantro. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.