With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of mayo, and blended with some cajun seasonings came a deviled egg recipe that simply melds together the flavors of guacamole and traditional deviled eggs.
If you’re looking to bring something a little different to your next potluck, picnic or Easter dinner – give this recipe a try. We promise you won’t be bringing any leftovers home with you!
We chose to make our HARD BOILED EGGS in an Instant Pot.
Complete instructions on that HERE.
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 Ripe Medium Avocado, halved & pitted
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Paprika & Chopped Cilantro for garnish *optional*
- Mixing Bowl & Fork
- Piping Bag & Tip
- Begin by slicing all of your peeled, hard boiled eggs in half, and remove the yolks into a separate bowl. Set the shells aside.
- With a fork or whisk, mash the yolks, 1/2 the avocado, 1 tbsp of mayo, and your seasonings together. Then add the second half of the avocado & other tbsp of mayo. This should help blend it a little bit smoother.
- When smooth enough to pipe, scoop the avocado/egg mixture into a piping bag with a large mouthed tip. *If you don't have these, you can also simply spoon the mixture into the hard boiled egg shells*.
- Pipe the mixture into each shell, making 24 deviled eggs.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and some chopped cilantro. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Avocados are well known for their creamy texture and great health benefits.
Many of us start our day with a trip to Starbucks and fuel our day with a cup of coffee.
These Big Mac Bites are absolutely drool-worthy and the Copycat Big Mac Sauce is spot on - you wouldn't even know it didn't come...
Bulletproof coffee is huge in the Keto Diet community, but it actually has benefits for everyone regardless of whether you're on a...
Whether you’ve been on the Ketogenic diet for a while now or are new to it, you’ve likely struggled with snacks.
What is your biggest challenge when you start a new diet? For me, it's sugar. Forget the deep fried food - I can skip that.
Following a new diet can be both exciting and daunting and following through with that diet is never easy!
Summer is in full swing and what better way to celebrate the warm weather than to dig into delicious food!
Diets can be so hard to follow especially when strong cravings hit.
Barbeque sauce is a summer staple, but it's a hard one to get around if you're on the Keto diet since it's generally packed full...
Let me start by answering the question I know you're wondering - "Is this dressing good enough that I should actually take the...
Coleslaw might be on the most beloved summer salads in North America. Why you ask? I have no idea.