With the holidays comes seasonal flavors that will capture the essence of the season, and create warm holiday memories. I mean, whisky = warmth, right?! This new holiday spin on an old fashioned brings about a classic holiday flavor – whisky! I mean…err…gingerbread! Sorry, I was thinking about all those family parties and political conversations and went straight to the booze. This gingerbread cocktail is infused with cranberries and orange. You can’t go wrong serving this at your holiday functions!
- 2oz Gingerbread Whisky (Spicebox Whisky used here)
- Orange Peel
- 1/6th of an Orange, wedged and seeded
- 5 Cranberries
- 3 Ice Cubes
- 1oz Shot glass, for measuring
- Low ball or rocks glass, for serving
- Add 3 ice cubes to your glass, pour two 1 oz shots.
- Add orange peel/rind, and 5 cranberries.
- Gently squeeze the juice of your orange wedge into the glass.
- *Optional: Add a few drops of orange bitters, an orange twist, and a gingerbread cookie (using icing as glue) to the rim for extra presentation*