Rice Krispies treats are a classic homemade recipe, most often because they’re incredibly simple and easy to make. They’re the perfect last minute snack or dessert since they can be cooked on the stove top and served nearly immediately. This recipe takes that classic, and gives it a monster sugar-coated twist. Don’t expect these friendly monsters to last in your for kitchen long before tiny hands scoop these googly eyed dudes up, right off the counter!
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Neon food coloring
- Colored Sugar
- Eyeball Candy
- Gummy Teeth
- Licorice Laces
- Heavy pot
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Bring pot to a medium heat on the stovetop, add butter and begin to melt.
- Next, add 5 cups of the mini-marshmallows leaving 3 cups aside.
- Stir continuously on the stovetop until the marshmallows and butter have melted and evenly combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide the the melted marshmallow mixture into 3 bowls.
- Add different food coloring colors to each bowl, and mix until a desired color is achieved.
- Add 2 cups of rice krispies and 1 cup of un-melted mini-marshmallows to each bowl, and mix until all of the rice krispies are coated and binding together.
- Greasing your hands, pick up a small handful of rice krispie mixture, and roll into an uneven ball, and then roll into the matching colored sugar.
- Place ball on parchment lined cookie sheet. Add any candy eyes, gummies or licorice lace to decorate.
- Continue until you have used up all your mixtures in each color, making an array of monster designs in 3 different colors.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
Crème Brûlée is one of those desserts we all aspire to bake and successfully brown the top without lighting the entire dessert...
When we think of pumpkins we are often quick to bring our minds to fond memories of pies, lattes and carvings, right?
Chickpeas are always thought of as the ingredient required to make hummus and a bunch of other healthy foods.
Thanksgiving is coming up and we're preparing our menus. The highlight of the dinner will be the turkey, but the dessert is just...
It's that time of year when we ditch the elegant and cute desserts, for something a little more...gory.
So as a mom of 3 school-aged children you can probably guess that the word "SLIME" has become part of our regular vocabulary.
So another year has passed and your little trick or treaters have come home with a sack full of candy, and right at the bottom is...
Last year, we created these adorable festive Christmas Tree Brownies, and well...the video recipe for them went viral overnight!
There's something incredibly heartwarming when baking cookies, especially when they are easy to make, and come out perfectly.
When you think of a warm day, what flavors come to mind? Maybe some BBQ flavors like hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled veggies.
Popcorn is a fantastic snack to munch on when you're watching a movie or just have the munchies but aren't too hungry.
With the growing popularity of the Instant Pot, more and more creative recipes are arising - but it's not just for meal planning,...