Forget the prepackaged hard pastry from your childhood! Create a copycat version of the Pop Tart, but homemade, and MINI (because everything is cuter in miniatures).
- 1 Pre-made Rollout Pie Crust Dough
- 1/4 cup Jam/Jelly of choice (strawberry used here)
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Pizza Cutter
- Baking Sheet Lined With Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer, Whisk or Fork
- Piping Bag/Ziploc Bag
- Small Knife
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out your pie dough, and with a pizza cutter cut into small rectangles. Remove any excess pie dough.
- Using a piping bag, or a ziploc bag, place about 1/4 cup of jam or jelly of choice into the bag, and snip the corner.
- Pipe the jam into 1/2 of the pie dough rectangles, then top them with the other half.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges of each Pop Tart gently to seal.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in your preheated oven, or until browned. Remove and let cool.
- While your Pop Tarts are cooling, take a mixing bowl with 1 cup of icing sugar and begin adding and mixing in a teaspoon of milk at a time. this can be done with a fork or a hand mixer. You want to reach a thick glaze consistency.
- Glaze and sprinkle your Pop Tarts once entirely cooled, and serve!