Forget the prepackaged hard pastry from your childhood! Create a copycat version of the Pop Tart, but homemade, and MINI (because everything is cuter in miniatures).
- 1 Pre-made Rollout Pie Crust Dough
- 1/4 cup Jam/Jelly of choice (strawberry used here)
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Pizza Cutter
- Baking Sheet Lined With Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer, Whisk or Fork
- Piping Bag/Ziploc Bag
- Small Knife
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out your pie dough, and with a pizza cutter cut into small rectangles. Remove any excess pie dough.
- Using a piping bag, or a ziploc bag, place about 1/4 cup of jam or jelly of choice into the bag, and snip the corner.
- Pipe the jam into 1/2 of the pie dough rectangles, then top them with the other half.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges of each Pop Tart gently to seal.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in your preheated oven, or until browned. Remove and let cool.
- While your Pop Tarts are cooling, take a mixing bowl with 1 cup of icing sugar and begin adding and mixing in a teaspoon of milk at a time. this can be done with a fork or a hand mixer. You want to reach a thick glaze consistency.
- Glaze and sprinkle your Pop Tarts once entirely cooled, and serve!
Crème Brûlée is one of those desserts we all aspire to bake and successfully brown the top without lighting the entire dessert...
When you think of a warm day, what flavors come to mind? Maybe some BBQ flavors like hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled veggies.
When we think of pumpkins we are often quick to bring our minds to fond memories of pies, lattes and carvings, right?
Have you offered to bring a dessert to a dinner party or family gathering before and then realized a few hours before the get...
Thanksgiving is coming up and we're preparing our menus. The highlight of the dinner will be the turkey, but the dessert is just...
It's that time of year when we ditch the elegant and cute desserts, for something a little more...gory.
Hummus has forever been a protein-rich dip for your veggies and chips, a spread on your greek wraps and much more.
So another year has passed and your little trick or treaters have come home with a sack full of candy, and right at the bottom is...
Last year, we created these adorable festive Christmas Tree Brownies, and well...the video recipe for them went viral overnight!
There's something incredibly heartwarming when baking cookies, especially when they are easy to make, and come out perfectly.
Popcorn is a fantastic snack to munch on when you're watching a movie or just have the munchies but aren't too hungry.
Okay so we cheated a little bit with this recipe and used pre-made AND pre-cut gingerbread boy cookie dough.