It may seem so much easier to just toss a couple boxes of snack bars in your cart at the store, but this recipe will challenge that.
Made with healthy ingredients such as dates, raw cashews, almond butter and coconut – it contains no added sugar, but tastes like a candy bar.
This will give you the boost you need in your day with some natural sugars from the dates, and protein from the nuts, and an chewy texture that will remind you of snack bars that would usually put you out $1 a bar…and you can make a dozen of these for much much less!
Stored in the refrigerator these can last you for weeks. We wrapped ours individually and had them ready to grab in the morning!
Try these today, and see exactly why you should be not only meal-prepping, but snack-prepping too!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or any natural nut or seed butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 2 tbsp black cocoa powder (can sub for regular cocoa powder)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Food Processor
- Parchment lined 8x8 pan
- Place all your ingredients into the food processor and mix until the mixture combines well and begins to ball. You should still have pieces of nuts visible.
- Empty the mixture into a square baking pan, lined with parchment paper and press with the back of a spatula to make a flat and even surface.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and cut into 12 bars with a knife. Separate and wrap individually and store in an air-tight container for up to 3 weeks in the fridge.
Maintaining a healthy diet for your kids can be a difficult task.
Green beer, green potato hash with bangers, and steak and kidney pie—none of these traditional St.
Living a healthy lifestyle doesn't always come easy. There's roadblocks and temptations and meals that are just too convenient to...
I know what you're thinking....Pancakes, healthy? Two ingredients? How? What? Where? When? Why?
Oh. My. Gosh. This dinner. Let. Me. Tell. You.
Shrimp is such a delicious lean protein (meaning you can eat lots of them for...
Making Easter fun for kids by whipping up cool and festive snacks is a great way to brighten up the holiday but parents need to...
We've all been there. Hungry and needing a snack, grabbing what we see or can find, or that's within a drive-thru's distance.
When I go to the grocery store, it can be difficult to change my routine up and buy different ingredients.
Eating a big juicy burger for cheat day can be just the meal you need to kick off a healthy week with your burger craving met.
Summertime is road trip time! I remember munching on apples and granola bars for hours on end when my family went on road trips.
You never know when a craving might hit you throughout the day. Sometimes it's at lunchtime when you wish you could munch on a...
Chicken fingers are one of the best foods to satisfy a fast food craving.