We get it, carbs are the “bad guys”. Giving them up is HARD. Especially when you sacrifice your favorite foods, like sushi! Rice is obviously a staple in most sushi, and rice is also very high in carbohydrates. Blarg. What to do…what to do…
Well, we figured it out. Since we’ve loved subbing cauliflower in so many other places, like in our Cauliflower Fried Rice, we were challenged to do it once again!
Cauliflower sushi surprisingly binds and holds together. Now, we are no sushi rolling pros, but these actually rolled for us! Cut, chop stick picked up, dipped and eaten. All the sushi tests…they passed!
If you’re looking to indulge in your favorite sushi rolls try making these low-carb (ketogenic friendly) rolls to crush those cravings without compromising on any taste.
Trust us. ?
- 1 Seaweed Paper Sheet (nori wrapper)
- 1 cucumber (small, or half a large), cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/4 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup block cream cheese, cut into strips (*can use vegan alternative cream cheese!)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- Soy sauce, for dipping
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Food Processor
- Medium Stovetop Pot or Skillet
- Sushi roller (bamboo placemat will also work for this!)
- Place your cauliflower heads into a food processor, and pulse until you've made rice sized bits.
- In a medium stovetop pot or skillet, heat your coconut oil and add in your cauliflower "rice". Cook this for about 4-5 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked through. Set aside.
- On a sushi roller, place you seaweed wrap sheet, and spoon out some cauliflower rice, spreading evenly in a 1/2 inch thick layer. Leave about 1/2 inch edge on all sides of your seaweed paper. Next, place your cucumber sticks, avocado and cream cheese lengthwise across the roll.
- Carefully lift and tuck the roll onto itself, ensuring all the contents stay in as you continue rolling. Apply some pressure to keep it binding as you go.
- Cut into 6 pieces, and enjoy! Garnish with black sesame seeds, wasabi and soy sauce for enjoying.
Avocados are well known for their creamy texture and great health benefits.
Many of us start our day with a trip to Starbucks and fuel our day with a cup of coffee.
These Big Mac Bites are absolutely drool-worthy and the Copycat Big Mac Sauce is spot on - you wouldn't even know it didn't come...
Bulletproof coffee is huge in the Keto Diet community, but it actually has benefits for everyone regardless of whether you're on a...
Whether you’ve been on the Ketogenic diet for a while now or are new to it, you’ve likely struggled with snacks.
What is your biggest challenge when you start a new diet? For me, it's sugar. Forget the deep fried food - I can skip that.
Following a new diet can be both exciting and daunting and following through with that diet is never easy!
Summer is in full swing and what better way to celebrate the warm weather than to dig into delicious food!
Diets can be so hard to follow especially when strong cravings hit.
Barbeque sauce is a summer staple, but it's a hard one to get around if you're on the Keto diet since it's generally packed full...
Let me start by answering the question I know you're wondering - "Is this dressing good enough that I should actually take the...
Coleslaw might be on the most beloved summer salads in North America. Why you ask? I have no idea.