When a chocolate craving hits, the key is to not just satisfy it with a low quality, mediocre treat. Make it worth the splurge and create a smooooooth decadent dessert that will be worth every bite. From high-quality ingredients to the love that is invested in a home-baked dessert, there is nothing like the perfect chocolate cheesecake.
Cheesecake often takes a lot of time to make, but with the help of the Instant Pot, you can whip up this amazing dessert in a much shorter amount of time! It’s the perfect dessert to make to celebrate a birthday or holiday or for a loved one that needs a bit of encouragement to get through a tough week.
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
What is it about cheesecake that makes it so delicious? Well, think about it like this. Why do chocolate chip cookies go perfectly with a glass of milk? The reason is that the savory taste of the milk compliments the rich sweetness of the chocolate chip cookie, thus making the experience creamy and satisfying. Cheesecake is the perfect combination of savory and sweet, creamy and decadent.
One of the things we noticed when we were making this cheesecake is how careful we had to be when mixing the ingredients together. Cheesecake is a delicate balance of dense and fluffy; you don’t want to be biting into a brick, while at the same time, eating what tastes like whipped cream is not what your sweetie will be expecting! The key is to mix your ingredients just until combined and then stop. This is even more important when using an Instant Pot to cook the cake, as too many air bubbles (which get added by the beating process) will affect your final product and result in a foamier (and less silky) texture.
If you’re wondering what type of cheesecake this is, let’s just put it as simply as possible. IT’S RICH. It may look like a small cake for 8 servings, but it packs a serious chocolatey punch that just cannot be beat. Serve this cake alongside some high-quality cups of coffee to cut the sweetness; making each heavenly bite last that much longer.
If you’re wanting to take your chocolate game to the next level, you could also top it off with a variety of chocolate dipped fruit (perfect for Valentine’s Day!), or even top with chocolate dipped pretzels for a salty-sweet combo. Now, you just need to find a friend, neighbor, or sweetheart to share this flawless recipe with.
- 1 1/4 cup (approx. 12) Double Stuffed Oreos
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup full-fat sour cream, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup (4 ounces) melted dark chocolate
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 12 strawberries
- ¾ cup dark chocolate (for dipping)
- Instant Pot
- 6" Springform Pan
- Tin Foil
- Make The Crust: Put Oreos in food processor and blend until they turn into crumbs. Press into greased pan and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Make The Filling: Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in sugar and mix until just combined. Add sour cream and mix until just combined. Add melted chocolate, cocoa, and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add in eggs one at a time and mix until just combined. Then, pour mixture onto chilled crust. Carefully lift the pan an inch and lightly drop it a few times to get any air bubbles out. Wrap pan completely in tin foil (we used extra large heavy duty foil to make it easier).
- Bake: Add 1 cup of water to your Instant Pot and place trivet in.
- Place cake inside, put lid on, and set valve to sealing. Cook on Manual HIGH for 35 minutes. Once the cake is done cooking, allow for a full natural release, then remove the lid, carefully lift the cake out, and set somewhere to cool completely (about 1 hour). Once cooled, place in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight. An hour before serving, melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments. Wash and dry strawberries and dip in the chocolate, placing them on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Place in fridge until hardened. Just before serving the cake, top with chocolate covered strawberries. Enjoy!
Be careful not to overmix – it’s a fine balance between needing to properly mix the ingredients and adding too much air into the cake. You don’t want a foamy cheesecake!
It took our 6-Quart Instant Pot Duo 6 minutes to come to pressure, but this will vary depending on the model and size of your Instant Pot.
Make sure the cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs are actually at room temperature – it will seriously affect your final product.
When I have a craving for carbs you can bet that I'll be indulging in a delicious bowl of pasta.
Is there anything better than biting into a warm gooey piece of banana bread? I don't think so.
Nothing quite compares to a slow roasted, rotisserie chicken, but really, who has the time for that?!
Freezing leftovers is a great way to ensure food doesn't go to waste. It's also a great way to be prepared for busy weeknights!
Get ready friends, it's time to enjoy some delicious takeout made at home!
Breakfast is often the most rushed meal of the day. Sure, lunch is eaten while at your work desk and supper may be thrown...
Let Mom put her feet up this Mother's Day while you prepare her some delicious food.
You know it's going to be a good time when there's good food, right? Appetizers are the best way to start off any party.
The 4th of July holiday indicates that summer is here. On this patriotic holiday friends and family gather together to play games,...
We've been told time and time again that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day.
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Egg rolls are delicious, let's be honest. But they're crazy unhealthy because they're usually deep fried in those little wrappers!