Wondering how to hard boil your eggs? You’re not alone.
Terms like “How to Hard Boil Eggs” and “Hard Boil Eggs Time” are some of the most highly-searched topics this time of year.
Luckily, we have this incredibly easy, step-by-step guide to help make sure you prepare the perfect hard-boiled egg every time.
Here’s what you need:
Eggs (I usually do 6 per round in a large pot)
Pot (the bigger the better, so the eggs don’t crack)
Bowl (big as well – you’ll be transferring the eggs into this bowl after they’re cooked)
Spoon (to help get the eggs out of the pot once they’re boiled)
Water (tap water will do)
Step-by-Step Guide for How to Hard Boil Eggs:
1. Place the eggs into the pot carefully so they don’t crack
2. Pour cold water into the pot, making sure every egg is covered by at least 1 inch of water
3. Place the pot on the stove and heat on medium
4. Once the water comes to a boil, turn off the element and cover the pot with a lid
5. Leave the pot on the element (with the lid on it) for an additional 15-17 minutes
6. Once the time is up, transfer the eggs from the pot into the bowl using your spoon
7. Pour cold water into the bowl and let the eggs sit for an additional 10 minutes
8. The eggs are done! Either serve them as-is or place them in a bowl in the fridge for later
It’s really as easy as that!
How to Tell if an Egg is Hard Boiled
Still not confident that your eggs are hard boiled? Place the egg on its side on a countertop. Spin it softly. If the egg spins nicely, it’s hard boiled. If it flops all over, it probably needed more time.
If you want to know the best cupcake shop in any major city in America, just ask Angela. This girl knows her sweets, and she isn't shy about letting you know that your german chocolate cake needs more chocolate. If you want to find Angela on any given day, she's probably looking up reviews to decide where to grab lunch, or in her downtime, binge-watching the latest 'it-series' on Netflix.
Forkly is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com