Color-dying eggs at Easter is most definitely a beloved holiday tradition. Eating eggs, is too. Combining the two into a recipe for a classic deviled eggs side dish with a splash of color, makes for the perfect prepared ahead of time addition to this Springtime meal. The pastel colors take only minutes to dye the whites of the eggs to make a bright and cheery element to your otherwise (typically) colorless dinner. This is an easy (I repeat E-A-S-Y!) recipe, that even the most inexperienced of chefs should be able to tackle.
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- Food Coloring, 4 colors (we used neon)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or more if you prefer a creamier texture)
- In a large pot, place all of your eggs into it, and fill with luke warm water, enough so that the eggs are covered.
- Heat the water + eggs on high. Once it comes to boil, turn the heat OFF, cover, and let it sit in the hot water for 12 minutes.
- After the 12 minutes of cook time is complete, carefully remove the eggs from the hot water and transfer them into a cold water + ice bath (this will stop them from cooking any further).
- When cool enough to handle, remove from ice bath, and peel.
- Slice peeled eggs in half, and spoon out the yolks, setting each aside.
- Using 4 different bowls partially filled with water, color dye each bowl's water with 10 drops of food dye in each, making 4 bowls of 4 different color choices. Place the egg white halves into them in even numbers and let soak for 5 minutes.
- While the whites are soaking, take the egg yolk centers, and add to it paprika, salt, pepper & mayo and mix well until a nice creamy texture has formed. Scoop it into a piping bag with a frosting tip of choice.
- Remove the egg whites from their dye water bath, and set on paper towels, blotting any excess water.
- Pipe the yolk filling decoratively back into their egg white shells/boats, and keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
Tasty treats are just one of the highlights of Easter. Finding the perfect treat and accommodating a variety of diets such as a...
With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of...
Preparing a feast for your family this Easter weekend? Choosing a main dish can be a daunting task.
Planning an amazing Easter dinner for your family and friends this year?
Easter is just a few weeks away and many parents are searching online for great ways to make this holiday fun for kids.
Are you looking for delicious little treats to make for your family and friends this Easter?
As Easter quickly approaches, the search for easy deviled egg recipes becomes more and more popular.
Traditionally, Good Friday is observed two days prior to Easter Sunday in North America in honor and remembrance of the...
Holidays are great because they generally mean you get to spend more quality time with friends and family and feast on delicious...
Easter is less than a week away and men and women everywhere are eagerly searching for the best Easter dinner ideas online.
Looking for ways to make this Easter special for your kids but don’t have countless hours to waste baking extravagant treats and...
Looking to make Easter fun and memorable for your kids? We've scoured the web for the best and coolest food ideas!