Color-dying eggs at Easter is most definitely a beloved holiday tradition. Eating eggs, is too. Combining the two into a recipe for a classic deviled eggs side dish with a splash of color, makes for the perfect prepared ahead of time addition to this Springtime meal. The pastel colors take only minutes to dye the whites of the eggs to make a bright and cheery element to your otherwise (typically) colorless dinner. This is an easy (I repeat E-A-S-Y!) recipe, that even the most inexperienced of chefs should be able to tackle.
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- Food Coloring, 4 colors (we used neon)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or more if you prefer a creamier texture)
- In a large pot, place all of your eggs into it, and fill with luke warm water, enough so that the eggs are covered.
- Heat the water + eggs on high. Once it comes to boil, turn the heat OFF, cover, and let it sit in the hot water for 12 minutes.
- After the 12 minutes of cook time is complete, carefully remove the eggs from the hot water and transfer them into a cold water + ice bath (this will stop them from cooking any further).
- When cool enough to handle, remove from ice bath, and peel.
- Slice peeled eggs in half, and spoon out the yolks, setting each aside.
- Using 4 different bowls partially filled with water, color dye each bowl's water with 10 drops of food dye in each, making 4 bowls of 4 different color choices. Place the egg white halves into them in even numbers and let soak for 5 minutes.
- While the whites are soaking, take the egg yolk centers, and add to it paprika, salt, pepper & mayo and mix well until a nice creamy texture has formed. Scoop it into a piping bag with a frosting tip of choice.
- Remove the egg whites from their dye water bath, and set on paper towels, blotting any excess water.
- Pipe the yolk filling decoratively back into their egg white shells/boats, and keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
Tasty treats are just one of the highlights of Easter. Finding the perfect treat and accommodating a variety of diets such as a...
With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of...
This might honestly be our most favorite cake. It’s adorable, and it was so easy and quick to come together.
Are you looking for delicious little treats to make for your family and friends this Easter?
Silk tie Easter eggs are quickly becoming the coolest and most innovative way to decorate eggs this time of year.
As Easter quickly approaches, the search for easy deviled egg recipes becomes more and more popular.
Looking to make this Easter memorable for your kids? We have all the recipes you need to make this holiday season fun and...
Easter is less than a week away and men and women everywhere are eagerly searching for the best Easter dinner ideas online.
Looking for ways to make this Easter special for your kids but don’t have countless hours to waste baking extravagant treats and...
When we released our 10 Cute Easter Cupcake Ideas for Kids we received such an overwhelmingly positive response that we’ve...
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – that’s why it’s essential that you have cool, fun and healthy Easter...
Happy Friday, everyone! Today, the HalfHourMeal countdown to Easter continues with healthy Easter recipes for kids for every meal.