Game changer recipes are my absolute favorite. One simple concept, that absolutely changes the way you cook forevermore. Nothing better. Using cooked eggs as the wrap of your breakfast sandwich, because it holds together perfectly (I mean, we use eggs as a “binding agent” in baking recipes all the time!). You cut the carbs (so long, tortillas!) and you still get all the breakfast goodies you know and love. If you’re a keto-dieter, this one is perfect. High fat, high protein, low carb.
One thing we really fell in love with, was when making these – they worked perfectly for batch cooking. Make 5 of these rolls, enjoy one on Monday, and freeze the rest for a week of easy breakfasts. Cook once, eat 5 times. WIN.
I wish I could say that I ate all 5 of these, but my son got bacon and sausage heart eyes at these, and suddenly they were gone…
- 10 eggs
- 10 pre-cooked breakfast sausages
- 5 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- Small round frying pan (with lid for faster cooking)
- Ziploc bag (if storing for later)
- Spray your pan with non stick cooking spray and pre-heat to a medium high. Two at a time, whisk your eggs and pour into a small round frying pan (this is key so it keeps a smaller wrap sized shape). Let the eggs cook without flipping (covering with a small pan or pot lid will help here).
- Once the eggs are cooked, top with shredded cheese while still hot (again to make this faster - use a pot lid to melt the cheese).
- In the center, place one strip of bacon, and two breakfast sausages. Let cool enough to handle.
- Lifting at one side, begin to roll the egg wrap. The cheese will help "seal" the edges.
- Enjoy immediately, or let cool completely and store in the freezer for easy microwave-friendly breakfasts.
Not long ago we ventured into swapping cauliflower for rice while trying out the oh-so-popular ketogenic diet (read more about it...
One-pan dinners are the weeknight's bread and butter of success. They are easy, time saving, dish saving, sanity saving.
When I first made these muffins, I went in feeling like there was NO way they'd turn out.
Sweet potatoes are definitely an all-year-round vegetable to enjoy, but somehow it's just much more popular in the fall and winter...
Recently I tried the Keto diet for myself (not sure what this is? read more about it HERE).
It's no surprise that chicken breast is such a popular dinner choice for so many families.
The keto lifestyle can be a crazy one to wrap your head around - where fat is good, and carbs are bad. Wait, fat is good?
If there's one clear message about the Ketogenic diet, it's that you need to avoid carbs...big time.
When on a Ketogenic diet (aka: Keto) you will learn real fast, that eggs are your new best friend.
We get it, carbs are the "bad guys". Giving them up is HARD. Especially when you sacrifice your favorite foods, like sushi!
Growing up I watched my mother hand-make cabbage rolls from scratch.
With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of...