Wondering how to hard boil your eggs? You’re not alone.
Terms like “How to Hard Boil Eggs” and “Hard Boil Eggs Time” are some of the most highly-searched topics this time of year.
Luckily, we have this incredibly easy, step-by-step guide to help make sure you prepare the perfect hard-boiled egg every time.
Here’s what you need:
Eggs (I usually do 6 per round in a large pot)
Pot (the bigger the better, so the eggs don’t crack)
Bowl (big as well – you’ll be transferring the eggs into this bowl after they’re cooked)
Spoon (to help get the eggs out of the pot once they’re boiled)
Water (tap water will do)
Step-by-Step Guide for How to Hard Boil Eggs:
1. Place the eggs into the pot carefully so they don’t crack
2. Pour cold water into the pot, making sure every egg is covered by at least 1 inch of water
3. Place the pot on the stove and heat on medium
4. Once the water comes to a boil, turn off the element and cover the pot with a lid
5. Leave the pot on the element (with the lid on it) for an additional 15-17 minutes
6. Once the time is up, transfer the eggs from the pot into the bowl using your spoon
7. Pour cold water into the bowl and let the eggs sit for an additional 10 minutes
8. The eggs are done! Either serve them as-is or place them in a bowl in the fridge for later
It’s really as easy as that!
How to Tell if an Egg is Hard Boiled
Still not confident that your eggs are hard boiled? Place the egg on its side on a countertop. Spin it softly. If the egg spins nicely, it’s hard boiled. If it flops all over, it probably needed more time.
One of the main Ketogenic Diet essential foods is eggs. Rich in protein and the fats you need to keep fueled, it's no wonder...
Want to make hard boiled eggs for Easter that will really wow your guests?
For an Easter brunch that will put a hip-hop in your step, feast your eyes on these delectable, egg-inspired dishes—including...
Fried eggs are what most people would refer to as how they want their breakfast meal made.
I know what you're thinking....Pancakes, healthy? Two ingredients? How? What? Where? When? Why?
Easter is just around the corner and there’s one essential item on everyone’s Easter dinner menu: hard-boiled eggs.
To be honest, I'm not a big breakfast eater. It's too early for me to have an appetite.
When on a Ketogenic diet (aka: Keto) you will learn real fast, that eggs are your new best friend.
Game changer recipes are my absolute favorite. One simple concept, that absolutely changes the way you cook forevermore.
My brain has been in "back to school" mode for a while now. It's not my first rodeo, but it's always my biggest struggle (for...
Color-dying eggs at Easter is most definitely a beloved holiday tradition. Eating eggs, is too.
When a sports game is on, when friends are over, or when you want a cheat day, what food always comes to mind? Chicken wings!