Ok I’ll admit it. I’m a little leery sometimes when it comes to mixing spicy and sweet, or savory & sweet, or even salty & sweet. But, I’m mature enough to admit when I’m wrong. This recipe had me a little curious to how it would turn out, and what exactly would be so amazing about it – knowing full well that I really just wanted to make a pineapple boat with some food inside. So maybe if it sucked, at least it would be cool to look at?
Well, it was much more than that. In fact, I skipped the chips and just started eating it with a spoon. So. Dang. Good.
A refreshing blend of the pineapple chunks, along with peppers and onion, jalapenos (just enough to give that kick) and some sriracha. While we served ours with tortilla chips, we were quick to realize that it would be SO amazing over grilled chicken breast, grilled tofu (yeah vegans, I got you!), or even some salmon. It’s a perfect summer BBQ vibe we’re all craving right about now.
And did I mention how cool it is to look at? 😉
- 1 whole Pineapple, halved
- 1 cup Pineapple, diced (from 1 half of the fruit!)
- 1 cup Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 cup Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded & diced *optional
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp Lime juice *optional
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, cut your whole pineapple in half. Set one half aside (or slice it up and eat it for a snack while you make the salsa).
- Cut a "bowl" shape (about 1/2 inch minimum from the pineapple's edges) and scoop out the pineapple fruit. Discard the "core" area, and dice up the rest into small pieces. This should yield you 1 cup of diced pineapple chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all your diced ingredients (pineapple, peppers, tomatoes, onion & jalapeno). Toss, and add in lime juice, salt & pepper, and sriracha sauce.
- Scoop the salsa back into the pineapple "bowl" and serve!
Vegan baking sounds tricky - how do you make things delicious, bind well, and come out not being noticeably different?
When it comes to vegan cuisine is doesn't have to be complicated and difficult.
Buying fresh produce can feel expensive especially if you're purchasing fruits or vegetables in their offseasons.
In an effort to keep our bodies maintained well, whether we are trying to get healthy and lose weight, or simply keep in shape, it...
For many, cheese is one of the hardest foods to give up when you adopt a vegan diet, no matter the reason you've decided to cut...
Whenever someone adopts a vegan or vegetarian diet, or just even reduce their intake of animal byproducts, the first question they...
When it comes to the natural health community, apple cider is most likely the most popular type of vinegar and for good reason!
Does anyone else have horrible allergies? The kind that makes your nose simultaneously stuffed up and dripping, your eyes watery...
The vegan diet has been around for a long time, but lately, veganism has a renewed spirit and enthusiasm that has this food...
Breakfast can be an instant frustration when you're on a plant-based diet. Don't believe me?
When it comes to eating a burger, there's a level of nostalgia involved and a lot of opinions.
It has been shown in recent studies that cheese has addictive traits.