Ok I’ll admit it. I’m a little leery sometimes when it comes to mixing spicy and sweet, or savory & sweet, or even salty & sweet. But, I’m mature enough to admit when I’m wrong. This recipe had me a little curious to how it would turn out, and what exactly would be so amazing about it – knowing full well that I really just wanted to make a pineapple boat with some food inside. So maybe if it sucked, at least it would be cool to look at?
Well, it was much more than that. In fact, I skipped the chips and just started eating it with a spoon. So. Dang. Good.
A refreshing blend of the pineapple chunks, along with peppers and onion, jalapenos (just enough to give that kick) and some sriracha. While we served ours with tortilla chips, we were quick to realize that it would be SO amazing over grilled chicken breast, grilled tofu (yeah vegans, I got you!), or even some salmon. It’s a perfect summer BBQ vibe we’re all craving right about now.
And did I mention how cool it is to look at? 😉
- 1 whole Pineapple, halved
- 1 cup Pineapple, diced (from 1 half of the fruit!)
- 1 cup Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 cup Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded & diced *optional
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp Lime juice *optional
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, cut your whole pineapple in half. Set one half aside (or slice it up and eat it for a snack while you make the salsa).
- Cut a "bowl" shape (about 1/2 inch minimum from the pineapple's edges) and scoop out the pineapple fruit. Discard the "core" area, and dice up the rest into small pieces. This should yield you 1 cup of diced pineapple chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all your diced ingredients (pineapple, peppers, tomatoes, onion & jalapeno). Toss, and add in lime juice, salt & pepper, and sriracha sauce.
- Scoop the salsa back into the pineapple "bowl" and serve!
The holidays are the busiest time of year! There are countless Christmas parties, dinners, family gatherings, and potlucks.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
Rice is a staple in most people’s homes, including mine! It’s filling and the perfect complement to so many dishes, from meat...
Granola is delicious breakfast food, whether it's with yogurt, milk (or non-dairy milk!), or on its own.
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...
Being comfortable in your body is essential to living a happy life.
The news everyone has been waiting for is finally here. On September 26, 2019, McDonald's announced they have begun a partnership...