Ok I’ll admit it. I’m a little leery sometimes when it comes to mixing spicy and sweet, or savory & sweet, or even salty & sweet. But, I’m mature enough to admit when I’m wrong. This recipe had me a little curious to how it would turn out, and what exactly would be so amazing about it – knowing full well that I really just wanted to make a pineapple boat with some food inside. So maybe if it sucked, at least it would be cool to look at?
Well, it was much more than that. In fact, I skipped the chips and just started eating it with a spoon. So. Dang. Good.
A refreshing blend of the pineapple chunks, along with peppers and onion, jalapenos (just enough to give that kick) and some sriracha. While we served ours with tortilla chips, we were quick to realize that it would be SO amazing over grilled chicken breast, grilled tofu (yeah vegans, I got you!), or even some salmon. It’s a perfect summer BBQ vibe we’re all craving right about now.
And did I mention how cool it is to look at? 😉
- 1 whole Pineapple, halved
- 1 cup Pineapple, diced (from 1 half of the fruit!)
- 1 cup Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 cup Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded & diced *optional
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp Lime juice *optional
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, cut your whole pineapple in half. Set one half aside (or slice it up and eat it for a snack while you make the salsa).
- Cut a "bowl" shape (about 1/2 inch minimum from the pineapple's edges) and scoop out the pineapple fruit. Discard the "core" area, and dice up the rest into small pieces. This should yield you 1 cup of diced pineapple chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all your diced ingredients (pineapple, peppers, tomatoes, onion & jalapeno). Toss, and add in lime juice, salt & pepper, and sriracha sauce.
- Scoop the salsa back into the pineapple "bowl" and serve!
Those who suffer from diverticulitis understand the utter pain and annoyance it can bring.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.