Ok I’ll admit it. I’m a little leery sometimes when it comes to mixing spicy and sweet, or savory & sweet, or even salty & sweet. But, I’m mature enough to admit when I’m wrong. This recipe had me a little curious to how it would turn out, and what exactly would be so amazing about it – knowing full well that I really just wanted to make a pineapple boat with some food inside. So maybe if it sucked, at least it would be cool to look at?
Well, it was much more than that. In fact, I skipped the chips and just started eating it with a spoon. So. Dang. Good.
A refreshing blend of the pineapple chunks, along with peppers and onion, jalapenos (just enough to give that kick) and some sriracha. While we served ours with tortilla chips, we were quick to realize that it would be SO amazing over grilled chicken breast, grilled tofu (yeah vegans, I got you!), or even some salmon. It’s a perfect summer BBQ vibe we’re all craving right about now.
And did I mention how cool it is to look at? 😉
- 1 whole Pineapple, halved
- 1 cup Pineapple, diced (from 1 half of the fruit!)
- 1 cup Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 cup Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded & diced *optional
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp Lime juice *optional
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, cut your whole pineapple in half. Set one half aside (or slice it up and eat it for a snack while you make the salsa).
- Cut a "bowl" shape (about 1/2 inch minimum from the pineapple's edges) and scoop out the pineapple fruit. Discard the "core" area, and dice up the rest into small pieces. This should yield you 1 cup of diced pineapple chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all your diced ingredients (pineapple, peppers, tomatoes, onion & jalapeno). Toss, and add in lime juice, salt & pepper, and sriracha sauce.
- Scoop the salsa back into the pineapple "bowl" and serve!
When I came across the Mediterranean diet it was completely new. I quickly learned, though, that it's quite a simple concept.
When you follow a restrictive diet, the hardest part about any holiday can be the food options.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...