Game changer recipes are my absolute favorite. One simple concept, that absolutely changes the way you cook forevermore. Nothing better. Using cooked eggs as the wrap of your breakfast sandwich, because it holds together perfectly (I mean, we use eggs as a “binding agent” in baking recipes all the time!). You cut the carbs (so long, tortillas!) and you still get all the breakfast goodies you know and love. If you’re a keto-dieter, this one is perfect. High fat, high protein, low carb.
One thing we really fell in love with, was when making these – they worked perfectly for batch cooking. Make 5 of these rolls, enjoy one on Monday, and freeze the rest for a week of easy breakfasts. Cook once, eat 5 times. WIN.
I wish I could say that I ate all 5 of these, but my son got bacon and sausage heart eyes at these, and suddenly they were gone…
- 10 eggs
- 10 pre-cooked breakfast sausages
- 5 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- Small round frying pan (with lid for faster cooking)
- Ziploc bag (if storing for later)
- Spray your pan with non stick cooking spray and pre-heat to a medium high. Two at a time, whisk your eggs and pour into a small round frying pan (this is key so it keeps a smaller wrap sized shape). Let the eggs cook without flipping (covering with a small pan or pot lid will help here).
- Once the eggs are cooked, top with shredded cheese while still hot (again to make this faster - use a pot lid to melt the cheese).
- In the center, place one strip of bacon, and two breakfast sausages. Let cool enough to handle.
- Lifting at one side, begin to roll the egg wrap. The cheese will help "seal" the edges.
- Enjoy immediately, or let cool completely and store in the freezer for easy microwave-friendly breakfasts.