There’s nothing that screams “tasty appetizer” quite like buffalo chicken sliders. They’re easy to serve up to a large crowd without a whole lot of effort and are almost guaranteed to be enjoyed by all, no matter a person’s tastes or aversions. To make this recipe come together even more quickly, we’ve created it in an Instant Pot so that the chicken is tender and shreds beautifully!
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
These sliders are perfect for a party or potluck, whether it be Superbowl Sunday, New Year’s Eve, or just a Friday night hang. All you need is your Instant Pot, about 30 minutes, and 8 simple ingredients (you probably have at least half of them at home already) to whip these up. Everyone will think you’ve been hard at work in the kitchen all day when you really will have only spent a few minutes on the dish, drinking a beer in between the four easy steps.
You can use fresh or frozen chicken to make these sliders. Either way, you’ll want to allow 10 minutes for a natural release before you discard the liquid and shred the chicken breasts. This keeps the chicken tender and moist (yes, I too squirm at that word) so that your guests don’t end up eating rubbery meat! Check out our hack to learn how to cook chicken from frozen here.
While the chicken is cooking, whip up the delicious homemade buffalo sauce. It’s creamier than a store-bought sauce and is packed with flavor despite only having four ingredients!
- 4 chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix (28g)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce (we used Frank's)
- Ranch dressing
- 12 slider buns
- Mini dill pickles, for garnish
- Instant Pot
- Extra long toothpicks
- Place broth or water and chicken in the Instant Pot. Secure lid and close pressure valve.
- If the chicken is fresh, cook on Manual HIGH for 6 minutes. If the chicken is frozen, cook on Manual HIGH for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine mayonnaise, garlic powder, dry ranch mix, and buffalo hot sauce. Mix well, using a whisk if lumps remain. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is done, let the Instant Pot natural release for 10 minutes before quick releasing the remaining pressure.
- Drain liquid and shred chicken.
- Pour sauce into Instant Pot on top of chicken and mix well.
- Cut tops off of buns and fill with the shredded chicken. Drizzle with ranch dressing and place the top back on. Garnish with a dill pickle and stick a large toothpick through for a picture-perfect slider!
Everybody loves mac n' cheese, whether you're 7 or 77! It's great comfort food for a cold or rainy day, or a quick weeknight...
When it comes to making mashed potatoes, one word may enter your mind..."tedious".
Whether you own an Instant Pot or you're researching while looking to buy one, there's so much about them that you may not know!
If you're looking for new ways to get creative with your Instant Pot, try starting off with recipes that don't require a lot of...
Quick and easy dinners are often a goal for so many, but that doesn't always mean it's healthy, too.
With the growing popularity of the Instant Pot, more and more creative recipes are arising - but it's not just for meal planning,...
So you've finally braved into the world of pressure cooking with your Instant Pot.
An Indian inspired chana masala that will warm you to the bones and allow you to cook the entire dish all in the Instant Pot.
Growing up I watched my mother hand-make cabbage rolls from scratch.
There's nothing quite like a bowl of chili on a cold, dreary day. It warms you up from the inside out and you can batch cook it,...
Hard boiling eggs, as simple as they seem, tend to be something you figure out and then you never mess with.
Do you know what FOMO is? Fear of missing out. I've been experiencing it ever since everyone under the sun got an Instant Pot for...