There’s nothing that screams “tasty appetizer” quite like buffalo chicken sliders. They’re easy to serve up to a large crowd without a whole lot of effort and are almost guaranteed to be enjoyed by all, no matter a person’s tastes or aversions. To make this recipe come together even more quickly, we’ve created it in an Instant Pot so that the chicken is tender and shreds beautifully!
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
These sliders are perfect for a party or potluck, whether it be Superbowl Sunday, New Year’s Eve, or just a Friday night hang. All you need is your Instant Pot, about 30 minutes, and 8 simple ingredients (you probably have at least half of them at home already) to whip these up. Everyone will think you’ve been hard at work in the kitchen all day when you really will have only spent a few minutes on the dish, drinking a beer in between the four easy steps.
You can use fresh or frozen chicken to make these sliders. Either way, you’ll want to allow 10 minutes for a natural release before you discard the liquid and shred the chicken breasts. This keeps the chicken tender and moist (yes, I too squirm at that word) so that your guests don’t end up eating rubbery meat! Check out our hack to learn how to cook chicken from frozen here.
While the chicken is cooking, whip up the delicious homemade buffalo sauce. It’s creamier than a store-bought sauce and is packed with flavor despite only having four ingredients!
- 4 chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix (28g)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce (we used Frank's)
- Ranch dressing
- 12 slider buns
- Mini dill pickles, for garnish
- Instant Pot
- Extra long toothpicks
- Place broth or water and chicken in the Instant Pot. Secure lid and close pressure valve.
- If the chicken is fresh, cook on Manual HIGH for 6 minutes. If the chicken is frozen, cook on Manual HIGH for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine mayonnaise, garlic powder, dry ranch mix, and buffalo hot sauce. Mix well, using a whisk if lumps remain. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is done, let the Instant Pot natural release for 10 minutes before quick releasing the remaining pressure.
- Drain liquid and shred chicken.
- Pour sauce into Instant Pot on top of chicken and mix well.
- Cut tops off of buns and fill with the shredded chicken. Drizzle with ranch dressing and place the top back on. Garnish with a dill pickle and stick a large toothpick through for a picture-perfect slider!
The Super Bowl is quickly approaching which means fantastic food, a lot of screaming at the television, the halftime show and of...
If there's one type of food we can all get on board with, it's Mexican food!
Buckle up, friends. This recipe is over the top, reach for a third one, I can't believe I made these at home delicious.
There is no comfort food quite like lasagna and I'm not talking about the frozen version picked up from the grocery store when...
What's better than breakfast? Brunch! Combining lunch and breakfast is such a brilliant idea and allows us to feast on an array...
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
Taco Tuesday is one of my favorite nights of the week! It turns dinner time into a fiesta and it's something exciting for...
If you're like me, odds are you've jumped onto the Instant Pot bandwagon!
Do you love drool-worthy casseroles? Then get ready for a true treat!
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...