If you love salsa, this recipe is for you.
If you love bean salads, this recipe is for you.
If you love guacamole… you guessed it – this recipe is for you!
The perfect concoction of Tex-Mex flavors in a scoop-able salad/salsa (we don’t really know how to categorize this, tbh!) that literally will change your summer. If you make this once, be prepared to make it 10 more times, it’s THAT good.
Traditionally, Cowboy Caviar doesn’t have avocados. Frankly, we needed to change that…pronto. So, we added the chopped avocados and it definitely led it self perfectly to the dish. To top it all off, we figured – why not serve it up in a unique, yet edible way, too? So we did. We made tiny little taco salad bowls with the use of a muffin tin (yes, you read that right). If you’re looking for a fresh fun appetizer or side to have with your summer menu – this is it. In fact, it’s so good…we might even suggest loading it up on a burger or serving it over grilled chicken. Don’t limit yourself! It makes a bit batch you can enjoy all night. We tested it – and it even lasts into the next day (without the avocados turning brown immediately).
Now begs the bigger questions – where have all the cowboys gone? and will this “caviar” lure them to my yard?
- 1 lb (approx 3-4) roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 (15oz) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11oz) can sweet corn kernals, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Corn Tortillas (as many as you like)
- Mixing Bowls (2)
- Muffin Tin
- Simply put all your chopped veggies, cilantro and canned items into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl mix your oil, maple syrup, vinegar and seasonings. Pour over the beans/veggies and toss until mixed well.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, soften your corn tortillas by wrapping in a paper towel and microwave for 15 second intervals until they become flexible.
- Turn a muffin tin upside-down and place your corn tortillas centered between 4 muffin cups, and press down to create a "bowl" shape.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crisp and slightly browned/golden.
- Serve the Cowboy Caviar in the small tortilla bowls, or simply on it's own! It's extremely versatile.
The best part of every party is undoubtedly the food. If you're not eating good food are you really having a good time?
Earlier this week, we provided you with 30 amazing Super Bowl party appetizer ideas to help you prepare for the big game.
Super Bowl Sunday is just a few weeks away: Are you ready for the big game?
The Super Bowl 50 countdown is on! The game is set for February 7, 2016, at Levi's Stadium, in Santa Clara, California.
Football and chicken wings....ahhh sweet, sweet (and spicy) traditions.
Pretty much the easiest way to make chicken fajitas at home while optimizing on flavor and saving you time, dishes and energy!
With the big game all set for Sunday, the latest battle on the field calls for a serious party with momentous snacks on the table!
Regardless of if your team wins the super bowl or not, the following eight party bites will certainly score you a few touch downs...
That delicious familiar buffalo sauce is often accompanied by something breaded and fried, like chicken wings, or a...
When it comes to an easy dinner, two words come to mind - CROCKPOT and LEFTOVERS (shame on you if you thought I was going to say...
A different spin on a traditional chili, with a creamy buffalo ranch chicken version that will kick up your crock pot dinner a few...
Whether it's game day, or just a regular Wednesday night meatloaf dinner, this recipe is GOING to win the mouths you feed.