If you love salsa, this recipe is for you.
If you love bean salads, this recipe is for you.
If you love guacamole… you guessed it – this recipe is for you!
The perfect concoction of Tex-Mex flavors in a scoop-able salad/salsa (we don’t really know how to categorize this, tbh!) that literally will change your summer. If you make this once, be prepared to make it 10 more times, it’s THAT good.
Traditionally, Cowboy Caviar doesn’t have avocados. Frankly, we needed to change that…pronto. So, we added the chopped avocados and it definitely led it self perfectly to the dish. To top it all off, we figured – why not serve it up in a unique, yet edible way, too? So we did. We made tiny little taco salad bowls with the use of a muffin tin (yes, you read that right). If you’re looking for a fresh fun appetizer or side to have with your summer menu – this is it. In fact, it’s so good…we might even suggest loading it up on a burger or serving it over grilled chicken. Don’t limit yourself! It makes a bit batch you can enjoy all night. We tested it – and it even lasts into the next day (without the avocados turning brown immediately).
Now begs the bigger questions – where have all the cowboys gone? and will this “caviar” lure them to my yard?
- 1 lb (approx 3-4) roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 (15oz) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11oz) can sweet corn kernals, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Corn Tortillas (as many as you like)
- Mixing Bowls (2)
- Muffin Tin
- Simply put all your chopped veggies, cilantro and canned items into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl mix your oil, maple syrup, vinegar and seasonings. Pour over the beans/veggies and toss until mixed well.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, soften your corn tortillas by wrapping in a paper towel and microwave for 15 second intervals until they become flexible.
- Turn a muffin tin upside-down and place your corn tortillas centered between 4 muffin cups, and press down to create a "bowl" shape.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crisp and slightly browned/golden.
- Serve the Cowboy Caviar in the small tortilla bowls, or simply on it's own! It's extremely versatile.
Halloween is an exciting holiday because it's a chance to go all out without judgment.
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!