Don’t you wish that you could dump a bunch of ingredients into a pot and walk away and then return to a scrumptious supper? I think about that all the time. I haven’t been a huge one pot meal person because I feel like everything comes out tasting like chili or soup. Until yesterday.
Yesterday I threw together this amazing unstuffed pepper casserole in my Instant Pot, and while I had to chop up a couple peppers and onions, it was a super low maintenance recipe. Once it was finished, I could not believe how delicious it was after only a few minutes of cooking in the Instant Pot!
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
The key to this recipe is to be creative. Use whatever you have in your fridge! The ingredients in this recipe is a great starting point, but you can add just about any veggie you’d like to make it even more delicious. You can also use ground turkey or chicken for a more nutritious twist on this meal.
We found that the final product really masks the appearance of veggies, so it’s a great way to get your little ones to chow down on veggies without having to hear complaints about it!
If you’ve ever made stuffed peppers, they’re so tasty but can take a little while to cook. With this recipe, we were truly surprised at how quickly it was ready. The saute setting on the Instant Pot allows you to cook your ground meat before adding the rest of the ingredients. As a result, the pot retains all that tasty flavor the meat has created which contributes to the flavorful finished product.
As for added toppings, I would be inclined to sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top with some parsley as we have done in these photos. If you want to get even more creative, you can slice up some fresh avocado for added omega-3 fatty acids – which you can never get enough of!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes (Fire-roasted tomatoes will add lots of flavor!)
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus more for serving
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add olive oil, ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Once browned, turn off Saute mode and drain fat (if needed).
- Add the bell pepper, diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, broth, rice, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, red pepper flakes (if using), salt, and pepper - in that order.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing. Cook on Manual HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow for a 10 minute natural release, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top, and lid the Instant Pot with the valve sealed for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Once time has elapsed, remove the lid and serve in bowls, topped with additional shredded cheese and parsley. Enjoy!
It took our 6 Quart Pot Duo 13 minutes to come to pressure but this will vary depending on the model and size of your Instant Pot.
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...
The holidays are a busy time of year, between hosting guests, planning a dinner, and catering to everyone's needs it can get...
Every year families gather around the table, give thanks, and enjoy delicious food on the Thanksgiving holiday.
Committing to the keto diet requires hard work and dedication, especially if you want to remain in ketosis.
The paleolithic diet, also known as the paleo diet, the caveman diet, or the stone-age diet is a meal plan that predominately...
Going out to eat is a great way to treat yourself plus it means you don't have to put any effort into cooking and not to mention,...
Many enjoy the season of summer because of the warm weather, longer days, fresh meals, and of course the trips to the beach.
With so many kitchen gadgets on the market, it's hard to know which ones are worth the prime real estate in your kitchen.
Deep-fried foods are delicious but they come with a cost. Often dripping in oil and full of fat, these not so healthy foods can...
It seems like everyone and their best friend has an Instant Pot these days.
One of the best things about Christmas (aside from spending time with those you love of course) is being able to dig into...
Christmas is coming and with it comes family get-togethers and parties.