Get red, white & blown away with these 4th of July mini cheesecakes!
The easiest tart cheesecakes you’ll ever make, because they’re whipped up in just a few simple ingredients, and served chilled with a patriotic surprise on the inside!
The layers of cheesecakey goodness is all the ‘Merica you’re looking for in a simple dessert that will impress. Watch the delight on your family and friends faces when they bite into one, and discover that you are just soooo patriotic and amazing, and those little tarts will warm their USA-loving hearts.
I mean, how can they not?
- 24 frozen mini tart shells, thawed
- 3 pkgs (blocks) plain cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- Red food dye (use used the gel variety)
- Blue food dye
- Optional - whipped cream
- Optional - Red & Blue sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Separate your mini tarts from each other, and place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your cream cheese, vanilla & sugar.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Divide the cheesecake batter into thirds, and separate into bowls. Mix one bowl with red food dye, and another with blue food dye, leaving the third bowl plain white. The colors will darken upon baking, but be sure to put enough to make it saturated. NOTE: Red food dye can have an off-putting taste. We recommend a no-taste red food dye gel for more saturation and no bitter taste.
- Taking your thawed tart shells, spoon approx a tablespoon of the blue batter into the bottoms of each shell. Repeat this, using the red batter. Then repeat again with the white batter, smoothing out the top with the back of the spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Cheesecakes may rise and crack, but they will fall back down upon cooling.
- Let cool completely, then top with whipped cream and sprinkles right before serving, if you choose!