Jambalaya is a family favorite to many, regardless of whether or not you have roots in New Orleans! We wanted to bring this quick and easy Jambalaya recipe to you, which cuts down the cook time but not the flavor we all know and love.
Normally Jambalaya takes close to an hour to make. Yikes! I don’t know about you, but I normally don’t have the time or energy for a recipe that takes longer than 30 minutes, otherwise, we risk a weeknight pizza delivery slip-up. Instead, I pulled out my trusty Instant Pot and whipped up this mouth-watering dish in about 20 minutes. If you like it quite spicy, feel free to up the Cajun seasoning and even add some diced jalapeños, but this recipe is flavorful enough for the whole family. No matter what you choose, this dish will transport you straight to the French Quarter.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. Andouille or Chorizo sausage, 1/2 inch slices
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, tails removed
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Rub shrimp with 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning and set aside.
- Press the "Sauté" function on your Instant Pot and add oil.
- Add chicken to the Instant Pot and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add sausage and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté for another minute.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic, stirring until the onions soften.
- Turn the "Sauté" function off.
- Add the thyme, Cajun seasoning, salt, and rice, stirring to coat.
- Mix in the tomatoes, Worcestershire, broth, and bay leaves.
- Cook on "Manual" for 7 minutes, making sure the steam release valve is sealed.
- Do a Quick Release and serve hot!
Growing up I watched my mother hand-make cabbage rolls from scratch.
An Indian inspired chana masala that will warm you to the bones and allow you to cook the entire dish all in the Instant Pot.
If you're looking for new ways to get creative with your Instant Pot, try starting off with recipes that don't require a lot of...
Can't make it to New Orleans for Mardi Gras this year? Don't worry, Forkly has you covered!
Mardi Gras isn't just a celebration for adults, kids love it too! This fun event is full of color, sparkle, and exuberance.
Who's ready to celebrate Mardi Gras this year? We are! There are a lot of elements that make up a good Mardi Gras party and drinks...
Mardi Gras is a fun celebration, celebrating all the rich foods before Lent. Many different countries celebrate Mardi Gras.
Mardi Gras is a great time to get together with friends and family to celebrate.
Do you know what FOMO is? Fear of missing out. I've been experiencing it ever since everyone under the sun got an Instant Pot for...
Whether you own an Instant Pot or you're researching while looking to buy one, there's so much about them that you may not know!
When it comes to making mashed potatoes, one word may enter your mind..."tedious".
So you've finally braved into the world of pressure cooking with your Instant Pot.